Outdoors
Sponsored by

Ballistics Website/App

821 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by civilized05
saysomethin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a good website or app to determine drop on certain caliber and grain bullet at certain elevation? Dialed in at 200 in Texas but heading to 7000 ft and want to look at some data.

Thanks
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I like Ballistic AE it has a lot of features and can import atmospheric conditions from my kestrel.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
How far are you planning on shooting? Unless you are planning on shooting more than 300 yards you probably don't need to worry a ton about the change in altitude.
NW80
AG
"Shooter". But, you need your BC and muzzle velocity.
saysomethin
AG
400. Looked up something quickly and saw about 30" drop at 400. Using Hornady 165g BTSP's out of a 30-06 BAR. I'm 1.5" high at 100 and 1/4" high at 200.
civilized05
AG
I use Strelok Pro and it's been nails for me out to 1,100yrds. There are tons of variables to input and each one can make a pretty significant change in elevation and windage so make sure you pay attention to the information that goes in. Crap in, crap out.

Other than that, it's a pretty straightforward app that has some pretty neat features.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.