Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snakes on a plane? How about...

1,941 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rather be fishing
texrover91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Snakes in your attic? Putting down some new decking this summer I found a good sized 3'+ molted skin. Hard to say what kind (but looked sinister for sure!)

Waited for it to cool down a little and went back to finish the project today. What's waiting for me? Some new skin

I hate them all (sorry board reptilian huggers

Now that I'm dancing up here like Charlie Strong fter a win, what do I do?

Or should I care?

Did I say I hate those little frickers??

Note - I've just gotten to the stage in my life that I'm cool with grass snakes etc- but only after many years of counseling

And if the best course is to burn the house down, that's ok - a man has to protect his family

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Honey Badger. End of thread.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
If you have snakes in your attic, you have rats and/or mice in your attic. Eliminate the food source and typically you'll get rid of the snakes too.

By the way, the rodents potentially pose a bigger threat to your families safety due the diseases they can spread vs. some small, non-venomous snake.

So:

1.) burn it down with fire
2.) get an exterminator or go on the offensive against rodents
3.) let nature take care of the problem in your attic (snakes will eat and then leave)

Good luck!
ZooGuy
AG
If it's in the attic, it's probably a rat snake. They are very good climbers.
texrover91
AG
Ok as long as it's not a black mamba I will let him live - thx for the advice.

I hold off on the fire until an exterminator had run his full course - if he's not successful we will then escalate, call In the close air support and napalm the bejesus out of it!

SteveBott
AG
agree with others you have mice/rats and they are a food source. let nature take its course or get an exterminator. Frankly I like the snake better since you dont have to "re-apply" ie pay more later.

I am a snake guy though
LisaMarie
AG
Keep in mind snake skins stretch quite a bit so a 3.5' shed is not necessarily indicative of the same length snake.
rather be fishing
AG
Much rather have a rat snake than a herd of rats in my attic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.