Outdoors
Sponsored by

Minimum Acreage to Rifle Hunt (Kendall County)

13,254 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MouthBQ98
Return to Glory
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know where I can find this information? Thanks.
bdgol07
AG
Pretty sure Texas has a 10 acre rule for discharging a firearm

Check below for accuracy
YellowPot_97
AG
there is no minimum in Texas*

Quote:

It is against the law to:

hunt in a subdivision on lots 10 acres or less in an unincorporated area of a county if the commissioners court, by order, prohibits the discharge of a firearm or the use of archery equipment in such subdivisions. (Contact local county clerk and ask about 235.022, Local Government Code.)

http://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/hunting/general-regulations/restricted-areas-in-counties

Latigo
If the acreage is small enough to cause you to question the legality, please be very careful, bullets can go further than you think.
kelsik
So to clarify - TPWD has a provision IF the county commissioner has restricted hunting in that county to a 10 acre minimum. I live in Victoria County, there are no minimum land restriction. Just a provision that your bullet can't leave the property line. This can be accomplished through a tower blind, where you are shooting downward rather than straight at ground level.

So you need to research the Kendall County commissioner, or ask a local game warden there in Kendall County. OR one of the Sheriff's will know.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Why not get into bow hunting if it is too close for rifle?
GSS
TwoMarksHand said:

Where did the OP and his question state the acreage size?
NRA Life
TSRA Life
CS78
TwoMarksHand said:

You'd think right. Unfortunately most counties where it's illegal to shoot a gun on <10 acres, it's also illegal to hunt with a bow. Perfectly legal to set up a 3D range in your back yard but point the bow at a deer and you're illegal. Has nothing to do with safety. Everything to do with preventing the little man from killing a deer.
MouthBQ98
AG
Yeah, it varies by county. I don't hunt my place, but could. I have does on it almost nightly. 10.2 acres.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.