Outdoors
Sponsored by

Propane line crossing electric

1,333 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by levimod
levimod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We want to move our household propane tank. Would it be a problem for the extended propane line to go across our buried main electric line that goes from the pole to the house? Would have it marked by locators. Electric line is about 2 1/2 feet deep and the propane line is about a foot deep. Issues? Comments? Questions? Criticisms?
Hammerbrau
AG
Check with your local building official, but I don't think you can cross gas lines and electric lines without encasing the electric in concrete. I could be way off.
KCRanchero16
AG
Building official probably will not know RR Commission rules. You should get a propane company to install the line and they should know the rules. Plumbers and private individuals are not licensed to install propane supply lines to a house. I am fairly certain the electric and propane cannot be in the same ditch.
Kenneth_2003
AG
When Mom and Dad built their house we had to cross buried electric and natural gas. Montgomery country said 36" vertical clearance.
levimod
AG
Thank you. I guess I will research further, which I guess I was going to have to do anyway unless y'all really convinced me I didn't need to.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.