Outdoors
Sponsored by

A daughter and her camera

4,552 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
ENG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought y'all would enjoy these.

Daughter wanted to use my boy as the subject for a photo contest. She is a senior and the photo journalism editor at school.

MROD92
Chickenhawk
Pic #2 ftw.
Van Buren Boy
AG
What's she using? Wife wants a nice camera for Christmas and I know dick all about cameras
ENG
AG
Well, she has some pretty high end stuff from school. I am not sure what body it is but I know she had an L series 70-200 F2.8 lens mounted.
always gig em
dubi
AG
ENG said:

Well, she has some pretty high end stuff from school. I am not sure what body it is but I know she had an L series 70-200 F2.8 lens mounted.

That is a $2k Canon lens!
ENG
AG
Yeah, I have had my eye on that lens but she gets to check it out from her high school. Of course, she shoots a lot of the sporting events and such.
Guitarsoup
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

What's she using? Wife wants a nice camera for Christmas and I know dick all about cameras

Unless your wife wants to spend a lot of time actually learning how to be a photographer comma tell her to get a Canon g-series. She'll be much more likely to use it and it'll be easier to carry around without the bulk of a DSLR.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Thanks ENG and Guitar. I doubt she's interested in learning. Just had our first child so that's the impetus. Trying to stay around $800. Hope to find a deal on Black Friday.
Guitarsoup
AG
ENG said:

Yeah, I have had my eye on that lens but she gets to check it out from her high school. Of course, she shoots a lot of the sporting events and such.

I've got the Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS (first version) for sale for $1000. Extra hood, white Canon bag. Has some paint flaking off as they do, but otherwise works perfectly.
Guitarsoup
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

Thanks ENG and Guitar. I doubt she's interested in learning. Just had our first child so that's the impetus. Trying to stay around $800. Hope to find a deal on Black Friday.

G1X II is about $800. G16 or G15 would be perfectly great, though.

I have thousands of dollars worth of camera gear and use my phone 99% of the time.
ENG
AG
Guitarsoup said:

ENG said:

I've got the Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS (first version) for sale for $1000. Extra hood, white Canon bag. Has some paint flaking off as they do, but otherwise works perfectly.
Thats a really good deal on that lens and there is no doubt it is well taken care of
NW80
AG
Beautiful work!!!
Mr. Dubi
We bought a lens from him. His stuff is well cared for.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Let me know when you switch back to canon and start unloading all those nikon goodies you posted on here last year. I need a 70-200 2.8.
Guitarsoup
AG
Nikon just released a new 70-200. Not outside the realm of possibility I will upgrade.

But unless Canon pays me, I don't see myself switching back
AggieGunslinger
AG
Not real sure I will be in a position to buy it but would like the chance if you do.
Build It
AG
4 is the best
Bockaneer
AG
agreed with the phone comment... we're on our second Nikon DSLR but I let my son take it to college bc we just don't use it like we did the first one when the kids were young; wife did just get the iPhone7+ for the upgrade camera feature
ENG
AG
Build It said:

4 is the best

That's the one she used
Build It
AG
Guitarsoup opinion needed here, but I do know that the rule of thirds in photography wins a lot. That's why that picture is more aesthetically pleasing.

91AggieLawyer
AG
I like the 3rd one the best, but the 4th could be better if cropped a little differently. No need to see that much of the rocky banks of the river.

Just think of NOT bullseye-ing the image. Offset the focal point and get some good background, whether in focus or not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.