Outdoors
Sponsored by

Anti-Chafing

10,709 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hammerbrau
Hammerbrau
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I walk and hike a bunch, but am having serious chafing issues. Glide stick doesn't work for squat. Can anyone recommend underwear that might help?
Walter Kovacs
AG
Long synthetic compression shorts work for me. I'm currently using the c9 stuff from target. What have you tried?
Sailor
SunrayAg
AG
Under armour with 9" legs. I walk all day, and have not had a problem since I switched.
wesag
AG
Just the longer variety of Jockey underwear work for me. Can get soft cotton and they aren't compression, though they do sell those. I think they are 9 inch.
JobSecurity
AG
Gold Bond
fishag04
AG
Sailor said:

This stuff has brought me to my knees many days after wade fishing. I can never decide if it hurts or feels good.
dubi
AG
I use A&D ointment for hot days at the gun range.
theonefromnolancounty12
AG
Gold bond, but don't use the triple strength blue bottle on those regions. Made that mistake, but you live and learn.
12f Mane
AG
Anti monkey butt was a game changer for me
Blane
There's no shame in my gold bold game

I also wear the compression boxer briefs by starter (Walmart) reebok(sams) and bcg (academy). I wear them as underwear everyday. Feel in love with them as everyday wear.
Ag_Eng98
AG
I don't know about hiking, but jammers under my bathing suit for wade fishing water sports are a game changer.
Kdenhead
AG
I like the Ex Officio boxer brief. Great for hiking.
Terk
AG
Kdenhead said:

I was on board with this... UNTIL:

Duluth Buck Naked Underwear

Who the **** would pay $14-16 a pair for underwear? I'll tell you who - this guy! I used to wear boxers and switched to these - so a huge jump from tighty whiteys.

No chafing.
No stank crotch.
No raw balls.
Less butt sweat.
Never worn a pair out, but if I ever do - they will replace them.

I have since tried UA, UA extreme, Hanes, Jockey, Reebok, and a few other brands trying to get the same performance in cheaper briefs, but they all fall miserably short.

Buy them and try them. They will change your life!
histag10
AG
Sounds odd, but baby butt cream (boudreauxs butt paste, a&d, aquaphor, etc.)
GMaster0
Nvm, saw you already tried the body glide stuff.
'03ag
Terk said:

Kdenhead said:

Who the **** would pay $14-16 a pair for underwear? I'll tell you who - this guy! I used to wear boxers and switched to these - so a huge jump from tighty whiteys.

No chafing.
No stank crotch.
No raw balls.
Less butt sweat.

I have since tried UA, UA extreme, Hanes, Jockey, Reebok, and a few other brands trying to get the same performance in cheaper briefs, but they all fall miserably short.

my Champion boxer briefs from Costco are out performing my Buck Naked briefs from Duluth. For less than $4 each.
titanten85
Ditto for Duluth. Worth every penny. Get the ones that look like firehose material.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
The correct answer is corn starch.

Worked for granddaddy so it's good enough for me. The price is right too.
phorizt
Comando and a tub of vaseline
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Cornstarch

And you can make muffins later
OnlyForNow
AG
I could disagree more.

My first thought after wearing them a day in my field work (blue jeans in summer working 8 hours outside) is that they weren't made for high heat and humidity. Hate em unless I'm gonna be inside all day.
powerbiscuit
wear proper fitting pants
Terk
AG
'03ag said:

Terk said:

Kdenhead said:

No chafing.
No stank crotch.
No raw balls.
Less butt sweat.

my Champion boxer briefs from Costco are out performing my Buck Naked briefs from Duluth. For less than $4 each.
I am intrigued... which ones are they, specifically? Material/Name? Champion makes Champion, Champion Elite, Champion Tech Performance, Performance Stretch, Active Performance, Elite Active Fit, and a few others. I've been looking for a few years for anything close and haven't found it yet.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
No idea. Sorry.
mpl35
AG
powerbiscuit said:

wear proper fitting pants
That doesn't stop all chaffing.
boy09
AG
Kdenhead said:

I ordered a bunch of these 2 or 3 years ago. I have not chafed a single time since.
clem93
AG
Ex Officio Boxer Briefs or Duluth Buck Naked Boxer Briefs.

I always have Anti Monkey Butt in my backpack.

BTW, I hiked 400+ miles in 2014 with ZERO chaffing using the above.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Gold bond friction defense has been great for me. But compression shorts also help a ton
'03ag
Terk said:

'03ag said:

Terk said:

Kdenhead said:

No chafing.
No stank crotch.
No raw balls.
Less butt sweat.

I am intrigued... which ones are they, specifically? Material/Name? Champion makes Champion, Champion Elite, Champion Tech Performance, Performance Stretch, Active Performance, Elite Active Fit, and a few others. I've been looking for a few years for anything close and haven't found it yet.
They are Champion SmartTemp. 58% cotton, which is think is why they manage odor pretty well. At least as well as the Buck Naked stuff IMO. And they feel like cotton instead of plastic.

On an all day hike I might still go with the Buck Naked, but for everyday I prefer the Champion. They're also the best I've ever had in terms of not bunching and riding. I was pretty disappointed with the Buck Nakeds on that front. Good, but not as good as advertised I thought.
AgBass01
AG
I got the BCG 9" compression shorts from academy. They are $12.99 a pair but well worth it. I use them when I go running, wade fishing, hiking, working at the lease.
Cancelled
AG
Not trying to be a dick, but losing weight might help. Humans evolved to walk long distances and I doubt that chafing is normal under ideal body proportions.

Fwiw, I'm fat. I was chafing when I started running. I bled and blistered. It gets better.
Knucklesammich
UA works for me vs. the Buck Naked though I didn't hate the Buck Naked just not as well fitting to me.

'03ag
Knucklesammich said:

UA works for me vs. the Buck Naked though I didn't hate the Buck Naked just not as well fitting to me.

agree. There's something weird about the shape/fit.
Juicyfan
Ok, ya'll will have to trust me. I've been dealing with this all my life, and I've finally found the most comfortable underware ever. They are expensive, but I promise you will thank me later. I've only had mine about 3 months, but so far they are holding up great.

Obviously Naked Boxer Brief 9 inch Leg (Large, Graphite) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IEOWG24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_I5nbybM8D6VHZ
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.