Outdoors
Sponsored by

********Coffee********

17,187 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ConstructionAg01
Finn Maccumhail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To resurrect this thread, I got a new coffee maker yesterday and gave it a whirl for the first time this morning. I had been using a Cuisinart model which had the grinder integrated into the thing that Mrs. Finn and I got when we got married 12 years ago. It's still functional but wearing down. Anyway, got a bunch of gifts for Christmas and finally got around to getting a new coffee maker.

I got one of the Ninja brand ones and a stand-alone grinder. Using the same beans I've been using (Independence Coffee out of Independence, TX- Jet Fuel) and roughly the same proportion of grounds and water the Ninja makes a substantially better cup of coffee.

I was hesitant to spend $200 on a coffee maker but with gift cards I had no more excuse. And it's totally worth it.

This is the one I got: http://direct.ninjakitchen.com/16/products/ninja-coffee-bar-system-cf092/3/cpc/ogxxxviiii/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=nja-cfb_srch_ggl_brand_ninja-coffee-bar_core_ext&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhpnGBRDKpY-My9rdutABEiQAWNcslCw52pab5730mLtSFzx6VcRJeuhB8zRNNMa614vtH9caAsWR8P8HAQ

Caladan
I was never much of a coffee drinker, but the last time I was in Bogota I picked up a kilo of pure uncut Columbian. Man, that stuff will very effectively get you going in the morning, and in more ways than one.

Talk about being wired.

Wait -- that didn't sound right.........
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
We bought some of this while on vacation in Costa Rica last year.

It is pretty dang good and can be purchased from the Cafe Britt website or off of Amazon.
Corps_Ag12
AG
jetch17 said:

Deathwish Valhalla Java Odinforce blend

I just bought some of this for my weekend morning cup of coffee. Can't wait to try it out Saturday morning after St. Paddy's Day on Friday.

Still using a Mr. Coffee drip brewer.
phoenix491
AG
Man, reading this thread makes me want to make a coffee ... so I will. Peet's French Roast K-cup today, but at home, we use just about any reasonably priced French Roast we can find: Starbucks, Trader Joe's Dark Roast (solid, and cheap), Gevalia ... I'm not picky, just as long as it's dark and strong. (Because I usually toss in a sugar cube and a little cream, although I'll drink it any way I can, depending on the situation.)
redass1876
AG
Costco has a 2.5# bag of Pecan Coffee for $12.99. Best coffee i have ever had. If it was not already mentioned here, i feel sorry for all of you deprived people
maverick2076
Jackhammer from Independence Coffee has become my new favorite blend.
FBG_Ag78
Signel
AG
That big ass blue and orange bag of hawaiin stuff at costco is good if I want something different than black.

edit: Kauai Coffee Coconut Caramel Crunch... though, I don't think it tastes like coconut at all.

Also, Blue Nile at Whole Paycheck has a unique taste. Not sure what it is, but the wife got that one once and I found it to be good.
ConstructionAg01
AG
Chemex pour over brewers are a great budget friendly way to get into better coffee. Throw in a hand crank bur grinder and you are set. I'm still liking the Valhalla Java Odinforce blend, but mix in some Kicking Horse and Independence Jet Fuel as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.