Outdoors
Sponsored by

********Coffee********

17,114 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ConstructionAg01
LRHF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most of us drink the stuff, this is an important way to start the day outdoors! I am looking forward to HEB Texas Pecan tomorrow morning before climbing into my tree stand to whack a mature buck. Been using a drip style maker at home but really enjoy using a french press at deer camp. What is your favorite? Do you have a preferred method for making? What country makes the best coffee beans?
giddings_ag_06
AG
When I'm driving to one of my local hunting spots I prefer to stop at Buc-ee's and grab a big cup of their house roast with one packet of stevia stirred in. Super hot coffee that tastes good and hits the spot.

When I'm staying where I'm hunting I either get lazy and drink a calorie free Monster, have stooped low and had instant coffee (not pleasant) or just used a Keurig to make something. When it comes to flavor, I prefer a pecan flavor with a stevia packet stirred in, but will drink just about anything. Good ol Folgers is just fine with me also.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Cafe Bustelo espresso, dripped (at work) or poured over (at home).
histag10
AG
I like my new Mexico pinion coffee. Best way to make it is French press, but I don't have time for that most mornings, so I use my keurig
Ag210
AG
I'm all about Texas Pecan
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
The best cup of coffee is the one with three fingers of crown royal in it.
histag10
AG
Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

Wasting crown and coffee with that combination.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Hot and black. No flavored coffee, cream or sweetener.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
histag10 said:

Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

Wasting crown and coffee with that combination.

I don't ever drink coffee unless I go duck hunting. One of those on the way to the duck blind is hard to beat. Then you switch over to bud light mango-rita's for some reason. You can fit a 12 pack of them in your waders, CS78 got me started on my duck hunting drink of choice. Only time I have ever had them is at about 5 am while duck hunting, and they are damn good for some reason.

Sorry for derailing the thread. Have been drinking to forget about the buck I spooked while leaving my bow blindthis evening. He will haunt my dreams until I find him again.
histag10
AG
Irish whiskey is the only whiskey that should go in coffee.

Sorry about your buck. But I'm sure there are a lot of decent ones out there.
FirefightAg
AG
I like mine fresh and hot right out of the pot/spout. Fire station coffee is hard to beat. Though my sister had some pecan K-cups that were pretty good.
rwv2055
AG
I like my coffee the same way I like my women, made in the Highlands of Scotland.
ursusguy
AG
I generally drink coffee about 2-3 times a year, one being the opening day of deer season on the way to help run check stations (I'm no longer with TPWD, but I'll likely be volunteering opening day this year).

I probably drink less coffee than alcohol.....I'm an oddball in my field ;-)
hillcountryag86
AG
histag10 said:

I like my new Mexico pinion coffee. Best way to make it is French press, but I don't have time for that most mornings, so I use my keurig

Order that coffee once a month. Fantastic brew every morning in French Press.
Antifederalist
AG
French press + Community + my crank grinder, drink it straight black or with a bit of real sugar, and strong enough to put hair on your chest.
histag10
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

histag10 said:

Order that coffee once a month. Fantastic brew every morning in French Press.

My inlaws visit a few times a year and always bring us a big bag. Love it. My husband also likes deathwish occasionally.
histag10
AG
Antifederalist said:

French press + Community + my crank grinder, drink it straight black or with a bit of real sugar, and strong enough to put hair on your chest.

I don't need/want hair on my chest. I will avoid that coffee. Thanks for the heads up
rwv2055
AG
Antifederalist said:

It dosent need to float a horseshoe, but its nice if you can stand one up in it.
valtosca
AG
Mystic Monk Coffee
FancyKetchup14
AG
Independence Coffee Co was always my go to in college back when I lived in the motherland. Right now I'm going through the last of the stuff I brought back from my trip to Costa Rica in September.

How I drink it is a lot like how I prefer my women: Hot, and from Latin America.
Courtesy Flush
AG
Any coffee. Any way you like it as long as it's consumed in the field and in a 20 oz. YETI tumbler
The Fife
giddings_ag_06 said:

When it comes to flavor, I prefer a pecan flavor with a stevia packet stirred in, but will drink just about anything. Good ol Folgers is just fine with me also.
Works great as long as you don't have any friends named Walter White.
AgBass01
AG
Doing that right now.
jtp01
AG
I work from my home office. I drink just about any coffee I can get my hands on. 3 cups/day or I get a headache. Is that an addiction?
saltydog13
AG
Heb Colombia coffee black. 2 cups when I'm on shift and 3 when I'm off.
FiTxAg04
AG
I signed up for the coffee subscription coffee service, Mistobox a couple of months ago. When you sign up, you tell them what you like in a coffee, and they ship you a different bag of freshly roasted beans at the interval you specify. As you receive and consume coffees, you review and rate the beans, and they use that send you stuff you should like. I feel like the price is pretty respectable, I pay around $20 every 3 weeks for a bag (price per bag will go down to $15 if you pay 12 months in advance), and I love getting different coffees that I've never heard of. I've received some ridiculously good coffees that I never would have heard of without the service. Oh, and, French Press for the win.
FIDO 96
AG
I have this coffee at work. It was called Fogers and you have to scoop it into some weird paper bowl contraption and then into this machine that literally drips into the pot. Takes a good five minutes to brew a pot, but it is good every time!
PFG
AG
Daily: Make 2.5 cups of Fara Breakfast blend or Gevalia House blend in the Technivorm drip machine.

Splurge: Buy great beans - Madcap or Local Coffee in SA - and use a Clever Dripper. Part pour over, part french press.

On the Go: McDonalds is the best. Valero aint so bad. Chick-Fil-A needs improvement. Buccees is nearly undrinkable.
Rockdoc
AG
The Good Stuff blend or Guatemala Antigua from What's the Buzz.
Salt of the water
AG
Community Pecan praline. Used to be an HEB Pecan fan but I think the community is better.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
is there anything better than a hot cup of coffe and a couple of homemade buttermilk biscuits with waaaaay too much real butter and a teaspoon of orange blossom honey?
PooDoo
AG

Plus a little

GSS
"...really enjoy using a french press at deer camp"

Those two topics just don't seem to go together...
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Ragoo
AG
Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

the heat of the coffee vaporizes some of the alcohol.
ursusguy
AG
Pumpkin spice from Starbucks of course.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.