Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,349 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
38* and Foggy here in Douglas County, KS. Have had a couple deer move through in the dark already. Just need one lazy volunteer to hold back for another 10 minutes for legal light so I can run an arrow through them and make meat!

BEAT THE HELL OUTTA TENNESSEE!
14TheRoad
AG
In the blind, 59 deg F with clear skies. First time bow hunting. No movement yet
Sean98
AG
GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!

You'd think it was April in the woods this morning.
hellapark
AG
64* and breezy here in lavaca county.
Had a big hog come out right as the feeder went off. Got a shot off but don't know how well I connected. My fall away rest forgot to fall away with my sacrificial cheap cabelas "hog arrow".
Sean98
AG
Snorty McBeech is about 300yds out in the CRP field warning the whole world about something. A coyote I assume. She needs to come over here and I'll end her fears.
LRHF
AG
65 F near Victoria, Tx. 10 mph breeze but bugs are still intense. 'Mosquito mask is making a big difference this weekend.BTH!
14TheRoad
AG
I've had nothing but a single rabbit...and some crickets in the blind.
sjislepilot
AG
Can hunt all year for exotics and never see one, just all white tail. Now that WT opens. It's like they know. GRRRR

weather is nice in Kendall county. 60!degrees.

UPDATE mid post Sika walks in. First one I've seen in person in daylight!!!! Faces me can barely see chest at 30 yards with limbs in my way. It walks away. Beautiful stag! So mad right now !!! Not bad for first day of being in the stand this season.
hellapark
AG
Had 2 does and a nice 8pt coming to the feeder. Until more hogs show up, stuck a big red colored sow. Looked like a good shot.
Sean98
AG
I've seen 9 now but all in the wrong spots. I'm in sort of an observation stand this morning and I'm getting lots of observing. Also watching geese, ducks, hearing turkeys and quail... Overall a pretty nice morning.
BurrOak
AG
Hunting on Fort Hood really sucks ass sometimes. Good deer, but people suck. Morning hunt was non existent.
sjislepilot
AG
PIG DOWN!
Sean98
AG
Up to 10. This one gave me a shot and I almost took it but she's just a big doe fawn. Probably wouldn't weigh 100#. Couldn't do it. Hope mama is on her way.
Sean98
AG
I have found my hit list buck!

...for 2022.
MizooAg94
AG
Fourty five degrees and very wet, no wind, thick as heck, leaves aren't even yellow yet. I'm very confident
dkoslov
Wise County. 50* this morning. Friend is bow hunting to the west of me and I came out to do some scouting. Feeder went off at 7 had a small buck limp in to the area. He was very alert then 15 minutes later the rest of the bachelor group showed up. I had up to 8 bucks in front of me at one time at all ages. Light sparring amongst some of the younger deer, appeared to be sizing each other up. They stuck around until 8:30 am. Second season deer hunting, first time seeing buckS "fight", and most deer I have ever seen while in the stand. Also, first year on the lease. Can't wait until November!!!!
sjislepilot
AG
[URL=.html][/URL]
Sean98
AG
Sunrise is coming .. Now let's KILL!
sjislepilot
unearth222
AG
Trying to draw blood but the animals are not cooperating!
AgsMnn
AG
Why are we still throwing out the hat?
sjislepilot
AG
I have not seen ANYTHING this morning. Been in the tree since 5AM !!!
Centerpole90
AG
Saw lots of does at the Chicken last night. Some loooked like they had spent a little too much time sitting under the feeder hogging corn. I just couldn't get over the nagging feeling that Dobbs was going to walk in the front door and dink a 4 yard pass that was going to roll all the way to the kitchen and win the game. But alas - crisis averted and the beer was cold. Successful hunt.
Sean98
AG
Had a doe skirt through the timber at 53 without offering a good shot. 20 minutes ago I watched my buddy, who is 100yd South skip an arrow off the top of the back of a stud 8 point. He's currently contemplating unsnapping his harness and taking a 25 foot swan dive.
Sean98
AG
AgsMnn said:

Why are we still throwing out the hat?
Deer carry lots of ticks and I hate ticks so MUST KILL!
Chickenhawk
Barometer is already above 30.00, and will steadily climb all afternoon and evening thru 30.20, low 70's, breezy, seems like a good evening to hunt. Will head out about 2.
Chickenhawk
Stupid kids rode down the dirt road and started rolling rocks down the hill in to the woods.

I walked up there, snuck up on the bastages, and told them they were scaring the bajesus out of everything in the woods.

They looked like they seen a ghost when I popped out of the woodline right behind them.
Lungblood
I have remembered why I've forgotten about October hunting in Texas.
GMaster0
Shot my first deer from the stand. But I hit the neck, she's thrashing in the brush. Will wait to see what happens.
Colt98
AG

My son shot his first buck with his bow this morning. A perfect quartering away 20 yard shot. Rage hypodermic did the trick. Man those broadheads do some damage. No exit wound and very little blood gave my DD his first track of the season. Great Mgmt 7.

AggieArcher17
AG
Hog patrol outside of College Station here. On stand with my bow ready to light some **** up!
B-1 83
AG
All is corned and ready for the first Doe Busters (TM) hunt of the year. I've never seen this place in this condition. The guy leasing the grazing is doing an outstanding job of strip grazing 100 acres at a whack. Pink Pappas grass chest tall and sideoats everywhere.
Chickenhawk
GMaster0 said:

Shot my first deer from the stand. But I hit the neck, she's thrashing in the brush. Will wait to see what happens.

Update?
SanAntoneAg
AG
Friday evening I showed up at my tree at 5:30. Before climbing up I checked the game cam. Three longbeards were at the feeder at 5:02

I sat until dark and didn't see squat.
GMaster0
Bagged my first doe by bow, 100 lbs field dressed. Bad shot, but it worked. Lots of adrenaline going, this is a tough sport, but everyone is right about how addicting it is after the first bow deer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.