Outdoors
Sponsored by

This is more like it.

2,108 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by UnderoosAg
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pattern critters, set stands, have deer walk to you in the first 30 minutes of your year.

She's lucky she's so little and cute. Because I bet deer veal would be tasty.

Now I just need her Momma or GreatGreatGreatGrandpa to walk in the same way.
mwm
Glad you're feeling better about yourself. Stay away from Aunt Ethel.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
quote:
Because I bet deer veal would be tasty.

I may or may not have first hand experience that they are indeed tasty...
dr_boogs
AG
Shot a button buck when I was 13. Second time my dad let me sit a stand alone. Was carrying a youth .243 w an old 3x scope from the 50's. We didn't have squat for clothing technology in the 80's. I remember sitting there as a kid in blue jeans and cowboy boots with a down jacket and ballcap and freezing my juvenile huevos off. Deer was alone, thought I was shooting a doe Plus I had no experience sizing deer on the hoof and it was a bad year for broomweed. Not sure who was disappointed w me more, my dad or .... me.

Now that I've set the story up, yes they are tasty.
Sean98
AG
Been there too. Both on a button buck and a doe fawn. They still eat good. No shame in it.
FirefightAg
AG
Glad to see you in a better mood. You'll be shooting ducks in no time and be happy as a lark
SteveBott
AG
Button buck. Never heard that term. But lived it.

So two good sized doe, I thought, show up to my left late one morning. I'm facing east as the sun comes up. I'm iron sight against the sun. About 9:30 and in a cold 4x4 one man stand. I'm authorized for a doe or s spike as a guest.

Against a heck of a sun glare I pop one. I knew the other doe would circle around looking for its mate and pop her as well. Mission accomplishing shots right?

Walked up the first one and damn if it's a he, a nummy. I knew right there What next one was. Two numbies on the ground. Good Lord what now? Landowner was to say the least, a "difficult guy".

Long day.

UnderoosAg
AG
Shot a "doe" one time at a friend's lease. Rolled her over to tag her and literally yelled out loud, "WTF do you have balls!?!". Looked closer and found the nubs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.