Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rio Brazos whiskey

2,425 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MouthBQ98
DPS AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone tried this whiskey? Got a bottle of Rio Brazos box car whiskey last night as a birthday present. Says it's made in CS. I'll be sampling a glass later today, just curious if anyone has tried this before.
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
Muzzleblast
I got a bottle for my birthday.

Good stuff.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Happy belated
DPS AG
AG
It's actually today so not belated. Thanks for the B-Day wish. Can't wait to break the wax on that bottle.
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
The Original AG 76
AG
Yes..Quite good. Ive been to the distillery and met the owner. Nice guy and dedicated to his craft. His new Texas Bourbon is excellent also.

I hope you enjoy it.
Eliminatus
AG
It's becoming a mainstay in my house. It may not be the very best out there but still pretty damn good, it is decently priced, and have met the owner as well. Good people for sure. Very happy to support this local brand.
CS78
Havent tried it yet but after trying a few of the other Texas whiskeys that have popped up I've kinda just written them off. Mostly just blends suitable for mixing that aren't worth the sticker price. Similar to the IPA beer craze.

Maybe this one is different?
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Havent tried it yet but after trying a few of the other Texas whiskeys that have popped up I've kinda just written them off. Mostly just blends suitable for mixing that aren't worth the sticker price.

Maybe this one is different?
This has been my experience. Too much good Kentucky bourbon to keep wasting money on Texas attempts.
Max06
AG
The Texas bourbon is very good with a rock or two. It's a little to harsh/edgy for me when neat.

I particularly enjoy the distillery, along with New Republic Brewing, & Perrine Winery that are all within 100yds of each other. If you haven't gone, I'd highly suggest checking out the distillery & neighboring brewery. There is usually live music, food trucks, and outdoors/tailgating games. Family friendly (two and four legged variety).
OE_Ag11
AG
They tailgate next to us and was handing out samples. It worked cause I buy it now, I like their Box Car the best. I can say since it's higher proof (90-100) than some of the others out there whole bottle in one sitting is not recommended, well I had fun, buddies weren't too happy.
tamc1956ag
S
good mixer only
La Fours
AG
quote:
The Texas bourbon is very good with a rock or two. It's a little to harsh/edgy for me when neat.

I particularly enjoy the distillery, along with New Republic Brewing, & Perrine Winery that are all within 100yds of each other. If you haven't gone, I'd highly suggest checking out the distillery & neighboring brewery. There is usually live music, food trucks, and outdoors/tailgating games. Family friendly (two and four legged variety).
This is basically what I was going to say as well. I like all 3 products that they make. Nothing spectacular, but very good. The best part is the location though. It's just a fun place to visit. You can get a beer, whiskey or wine and walk around between the businesses. In fact, I'll be out there this Saturday afternoon.
MouthBQ98
AG
My unrefined palate can't much tell the difference. Not enough to matter. The purpose is to get mellow or buzzed.

Still, I think that newer distillers need time to refine a product like that. Vodka is easy, whiskey is s bit tougher.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.