Outdoors
Sponsored by

Reciprocity

1,987 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgLA06
bdgol07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know the cattle doctrine covers us in Texas, my father in law is wondering about carrying a handgun in Oklahoma.

Is carrying in the truck ok?
Is carrying in the cattle trailer living quarters ok?
BenderRodriguez
AG
Www.handgunlaw.us
GSS
Does your F-I-L have a Texas LTC/CHL?
NRA Life
TSRA Life
bdgol07
AG
No LTC
AgLA06
AG
quote:
I know the cattle doctrine covers us in Texas, my father in law is wondering about carrying a handgun in Oklahoma.

Are we being trolled?!?
BenderRodriguez
AG
The cattle doctrine was enacted after the failed 1973 Bovine Insurrection.

Documentary here:
Corps_Ag12
AG
I want that 5 minutes of my life back
maverick2076
I love that song.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
It is illegal to carry a loaded firearm in any vehicle without a valid Permit/License.

21-1289.7. Firearms in Vehicles.

FIREARMS IN VEHICLES Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle, shotgun or pistol, open and unloaded, at any time. For purposes of this section "open" means the firearm is transported in plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle. Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle or shotgun concealed behind a seat of the vehicle or within the interior of the vehicle provided the rifle or shotgun is not clip, magazine or chamber loaded. The authority to transport a clip or magazine loaded rifle or shotgun shall be pursuant to Section 1289.13 of this title. Any person who is the operator of a vehicle or is a passenger in any vehicle wherein another person who is licensed pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry a handgun, concealed or unconcealed, and is carrying a handgun or has the handgun in such vehicle, shall not be deemed in violation of the provisions of this section provided the licensee is in or near the vehicle.

21-1289.13. Transporting a loaded firearm.

TRANSPORTING A LOADED FIREARM Except as otherwise provided by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or another provision of law, it shall be unlawful to transport a loaded pistol, rifle or shotgun in a land borne motor vehicle over a public highway or roadway. However, a rifle or shotgun may be transported clip or magazine loaded and not chamber loaded when transported in an exterior locked compartment of the vehicle or trunk of the vehicle or in the interior compartment of the vehicle notwithstanding the provisions of Section 1289.7 of this title when the person is in possession of a valid handgun license pursuant to the Oklahoma SelfDefense Act. Title 21. Crimes and Punishments Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons Oklahoma Self-Defense Act Section 1290.2 Definitions as Used In Sections 1 Through 25 of This Act: 1. "Concealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger; and 2. "Pistol" means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which: a. has an overall length of less than sixteen (16) inches and is able to be fully concealed from detection and view, b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and d. uses either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to discharge the projectile. The definition of pistol for purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not apply
Long story short, no, he cannot carry or transport a loaded weapon in the vehicle without a CHL/LTC in Oklahoma.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/oklahoma.pdf
bdgol07
AG
quote:
quote:

Are we being trolled?!?
My bad...drinking prior to the game last night....i think we all know that was supposed to be castle not cattle
AgLA06
AG
Alrighty then. I wasn't sure because reciprocity generally only used in reference to license to carry which you said he didn't have.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.