Outdoors
Sponsored by

New Savage Rifle 10pt-sr

8,729 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Camo
Camo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bought this rifle at a church auction and not much info on the inter webs. The rifle is not listed on savage rifles website either which I find odd

Supposedly, it is a rifle only sold in academy stores.

Anyone familiar? ** paging eyeguy

Model: 10PT-SR

.308 Winchester
Threaded barrel
18'' barrel
Bushnel scope which it came with

Think I can turn it into a pretty customized hog gun or use it as a deer rifle. Just don't know

Rule 1

[URL=.html][/URL]
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Homie... I don't think you got a 10PT-SR... that looks like the threaded barrel Axis that I got in with the goofy thin barrel that flared for the threading. Either I still have it shoved deep in the back of the office or I marked it down and got it out of the store at some point.

Things that don't add up with the 10PT-SR....

10PT-SR is a Hbar... that isn't.
10PT-SR has an accutrigger... that doesn't.
10PT-SR has a picatinny rail... that doesnt....

So, either, the group you got that from didn't have the right name on the auction or the FFL that did the transfer on it did a switcheroo on you and you got a a crappy Axis SR ($350 rifle) vs the 10PT-SR ($550ish rifle at academy)
suprafly03
AG
Oh crap
Camo
Lol that makes me happy....

So, is this a rifle that should just be tucked in the back of my closet or any opinions on it?

At least the money went to Jesus aka the church
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Don't getme wrong, serviceable deer rifle. Optics on it are going to be mediocre, at best, and there really isn't much you can do to upgrade anything except optics. Decent gun for the money just... yeah, without seeing it in person I won't give an absolute but I'm 99% certain it's an Axis. Look on the side of the gun, it should tell you what the model is there.
EskimoJoe
That's definitely an axis stock. If it is an axis it isnt fancy but it is far from junk. I dropped an adjustable rifle basix trigger in mine and added a boyds thumbhole stock and it changed the look and feel for the better.
Camo
quote:
Don't getme wrong, serviceable deer rifle. Optics on it are going to be mediocre, at best, and there really isn't much you can do to upgrade anything except optics. Decent gun for the money just... yeah, without seeing it in person I won't give an absolute but I'm 99% certain it's an Axis. Look on the side of the gun, it should tell you what the model is there.

It's definitely an axis, didn't bother to look at it when I got it. Ah well, no big deal. May give the guy who donated it a call and see how he handles the situation.

The auction called it a "savage .308 Winchester" no detail beyond that. But when I called the gentlemen who donated it, he told me it was a 10pt-sr (99% sure as I never heard that model before and that's what I wrote down). So I might call him and just see what he says. Just to clear any misunderstanding when I bought the rifle I didn't buy it thinking it was a 10pt-sr, I bought it Only knowing it was .308 win and it was a church auction. Live and learn

Thanks for the help eyeguy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.