Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lowers Question

3,211 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by skelso
Ol Whats his Face
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure this has been discussed and discussed and discussed but what are some good companies to buy lower receivers from (stripped or complete), with the election coming up I figure there is about to be a run and I would like to get a couple before then! Any suggestions are appreciated
dsvogel05
AG
I'm a fan of Aero Precision, great quality and they manufacturer for many other companies.
Stay away from polymer.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/318113_.html

I like the spikes punisher lower.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spike_s_Tactical_Lower_Multi_Forged_PUNISHER_Str_p/sp-stls015.htm
skelso
AG
I agree "stay away from polymer". That said, some people like them and swear by them.

In aluminum, just go with one of the companies that gets good reviews online and you should be good.

Here's a short list, not all encompassing by any means, of manufacturers I have dealt with.

Aero is good. As mentioned, they manufacture for a lot of others such as Palmetto State. Be careful though, just because they manufacture it doesn't mean it's the same. For instance, the Palmetto lowers have thinner walls making them a bit lighter. They also lack the upper tension screw that is standard on Aero's own lower.

Anderson make a decent product. I have had some issues with anodizing on them but the ones I have blasted and Cerakoted have held up fine.

I've had good luck with Double Star. Some people like the finish they put over anodizing.

I like, and sell a lot of Black Creek Precision lowers. Similar in weight and cut to Palmetto but has the upper tension acrew. They also thread the hole for the bolt release pin and give you a dog leg screw to replace the pin. It's a little easier for first time / inexperienced builders to do without marring the finish. Lastly, but most importantly in my mind, they thread the rear take down detent hole and give you a set screw to retain the spring so you don't have to fight it when installing the buttstock.
CrossBowAg99
AG
I believe eyeguy has some in store if you are in Houston
txyaloo
AG
Polymer lowers are fine. I sold several hundred of them with no issues from customers. I have 4 that are personally owned on lightweight builds. I've had 0 issues with them (I'm not easy or careful with my guns) and they're even from the first run of New Frontier lowers.

Some polymer lowers are better than others. If you want to go that route, research first.
FIDO 96
AG
Aero fan
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I believe eyeguy has some in store if you are in Houston
Oh geez, don't start anything!!!! Can barely keep any lowers available for sale as is....

FYI, in store, all we have available for sale:

8 Stag Lowers for $125
4 Black Rain for $159
dubi
AG
I just purchased a Punisher lower this week!
jetch17
AG
AP
gumby579
AG
Aero for sure
Ol Whats his Face
AG
Do y'all know if any of these companies do LEO discounts?
dubi
AG
hall67 said:

Do y'all know if any of these companies do LEO discounts?
Many companies do. Just ask.

Our son LE and he typically gets discounts on regular prices, but not sale prices.
skelso
AG
Not sure if any of the manufacturers offer LE discounts on direct sales but many of their dealers do. In my case, I offer 10% off regular prices to LEO, first responders, and military.

It never hurts to ask!
Ol Whats his Face
AG
Do you have a gun shop?
skelso
AG
I am an FFL 07. I do not have a retail store. I primarily do gunsmithing but also do some special orders as well as keep limited AR parts on hand because I get so many requests for them.

I can ship to an FFL in your area if you are not in the Bryan / College Station area.

Kelsoarms.Com

The site is pretty small on retail offerings. I try to keep it current with only stuff I have on hand or can get in a day or two.

Send me your email address and I'll send you info on how to get the LEO discount via the website. Shawn@kelsoarms.com
76Ag
AG
Can a lower be ordered on line? I'm not sure what parts have to be purchased from an FFL entity.
dubi
AG
76Ag said:

Can a lower be ordered on line? I'm not sure what parts have to be purchased from an FFL entity.

You can buy it online and must have it delivered to a ffl.
Mr. Dubi
Palmetto State sells complete loowers that are reasonably and seem decent quality.
skelso
AG
They are decent enough for most folks.

Their lowers are made by Aero but are a slightly different cut (a little thinner wall, slightly different mag well bottom). Also don't have the upper tension screw that Aero uses on their own builds. Their budget complete lowers usually include their stand ar lower parts kit which is actually Aero's standard parts kit. The triggers are often a bit rough but can be tuned up easilly. Can even be made into an ok 2 stage with a little work.

If you watch their page or sign up for their specials you can often catch their assembled lowers cheaper than I can buy the parts as a dealer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.