Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best small flashlight

2,657 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by civilized05
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like there's a great one out there. What do you know? Is there anything better than the lithium 123 battery? Thank you in advance.
dr_boogs
AG
I have a surefire backup and love it. Expensive, but but once cry once?
BenderRodriguez
AG
Alternatively to buy once cry once, I picked up a stream light microstream for ~$15.

Small, takes AAA batteries, and if it stops working or I lose it I'm out all of $15.

Like it a lot.
Caladan
Check out the Maratac AA and AAA flashlights at countycomm.com. Excellent build, three levels of output, not expensive.

Be warned however -- you will find lots of other stuff that you didn't know you needed there.......
Salt of the water
AG
I like the Fenix single AAA lights. Little cheaper than the maratac and comparable quality. I used to have both but lost the maratac because it's pocket clip wasn't as good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KPSHSMA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474750398&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=Fenix+aaa&dpPl=1&dpID=318s2Vx7OrL&ref=plSrch

I prefer the AAA lights because batterys are easier to find and way cheaper. 123a lights will put out more light for sure but I don't think they're that much better to justify the premium cost.
EMY92
AG
I've been very happy with my Fenix E35. I also got several Nitecore rechargeable batteries and charger and use the flashlight almost daily. I like having light when I go on my early morning walks.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the batteries as well.
Neches21
Fenix with single AAA battery.
LED technology has come so far on the last several years.
I don't buy CR123A battery lights anymore.
The AA and AAA batteries are more common and easier to come by
FIDO 96
AG
I have a fenix. Good light to keep in console
Side-pocket16
AG
I have had the Stream Stylus Pro USB for 2 years now. A part of my EDC routine. Black coating has wore off from us but solid light that is rechargeable and holds charge very well. I usually recharge every two weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-66134-Stylus-Rechargeable-Holster/dp/B00HZAX5SM
bam02
AG
I love my streamlight protac 1aa. 1 AA battery and awesome output. Also has incredible battery life for how bright it is.
BrazosDog02
AG
If you can't find a Fenix you like you may as well just grab a Maglite.

I have an LD41 from Fenix. Best light ever for me
Hoss
AG
I keep a Streamlight ProTac 2L clipped in my pocket all the time. Great light. I've had it a few years. It has been dropped many times and run through the washing machine a few times and it still works. I think it's 580 lumens or something like that. Don't remember for sure. I use it all the time though.

I'm a big fan of Streamlight products. I think they're as good as Surefire but significantly cheaper. Plenty other good options too though.
AR happy online 5 Pack SK-68 3 Modes Handheld Mini Cree Q5 LED Flashlight Torch Tactical Lamp 7w 350lm Adjustable Focus Zoomable Light (White Light) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CB2ZTYQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9MX6xbJ6GEFZH

I absolutely love these cheap lights. I have two Streamlight protac 2l s that are much better quality. But these cheap 5 pack lights have been flawless.
FytinTexAg04
Tx25c2 eagletac little bright flashlight from illumination gear
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Tx25c2 eagletac little bright flashlight from illumination gear
No complaints so far on any of my eagletac products
AnScAggie
AG
i have a Streamlight ProTac HL and a Fenix TK32 in my truck and I find that 99.99% of the time I grab the Fenix when I need a flashlight. It is slightly larger, but changing the intensity is so much easier and it lasts longer on the higher intensities than the ProTac.
civilized05
AG
I'm looking at getting a couple flashlights for personal use and around the house and have been leaning toward the Convoy C8 at www.mtnelectronics.com.

Pretty decent pricing and some pretty cool features as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.