Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lionfish hunting with a Glock

5,154 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by schmellba99
Mr07Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TwoMarksHand
AG
So awesome!
TheVarian
AG
What did they make for the barrel?
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
What did they make for the barrel?
I think a special suppressor
cledus6150
AG
That is awesome
Poeag
AG
...what sort of impact does it have on the coral?
Furlock Bones
AG
this is awesome. those lionfish are terrible for the Caribbean and gulf.
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
Probably a lot less than the Lion Fish has.
bdgol07
AG
Very cool
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
Probably a lot less than the Lion Fish has.
virtual guarantee. lionfish aren't like nearly any other fish. most fish will move to a spot in the coral and start eating the fish. when the population falls to around 40-50% they move on because it's not worth the effort to eat the last remaining fish.

lionfish will sit in that same coral area and almost wipe it out before moving on.
Thunder18
AG
Pretty badass
CT'97
AG
quote:
They pointed out the moved the lion fish to a sandy area and were using non-lead projectiles. Looks like a win to me.
carpe vinum
AG
That looks like a lot of fun and I'd be a lot less concerned about meeting a bull shark.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Terrible problem with those fish. Choot Em & eat Em!
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
GMaster0
This is a bit ridiculous, lion fish are damn easy to kill with a polespear, just a waste of ammo here.
AgLA06
AG
quote:
This is a bit ridiculous, lion fish are damn easy to kill with a polespear, just a waste of ammo here.

I'm confused. Where's the problem.

Ammo is meant to be shot.
BCO07
AG
quote:

Bet you're fun to hang out with
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
quote:

Because it combines shooting animals, scuba stuff, and it's a target rich environment
AgLA06
AG
quote:
quote:

Because it combines shooting animals, scuba stuff, and it's a target rich environment

Also known as doing your part while having fun.

It's amazing that liberals can't understand actually doing good and being able to have fun doing it. That's just ridiculous!
Satellite of Love
Well I can see from a noise stand point of a gun going off under water could be a problem to all the other species. Also, are they capturing the spent brass? I'd hope they would be good outdoor stewards and don't leave brass behind.
bluewave58
AG
quote:
So awesome!
Love Glock-Fishing! So far have caught a Glock 19, Glock 43, Glock 42, and a Glock 23.
Ogre09
AG
How does the Liondish aim the Glock? Those tiny flippers don't reach forward far...
AlaskanAg08
AG
Pretty cool. I'd be interested to know what the extension on the barrel does and how it works. Some of my divemaster friends and I have tried firing 1911's underwater while diving with little effect. The projectile seems to only go about 6 inches and fall straight down. I'm sure that barrel extension is the key to adding some distance.
cmag
Seems like saltwater would be pretty hard on a glock. You'll never get it completely clean.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Pretty cool. I'd be interested to know what the extension on the barrel does and how it works. Some of my divemaster friends and I have tried firing 1911's underwater while diving with little effect. The projectile seems to only go about 6 inches and fall straight down. I'm sure that barrel extension is the key to adding some distance.
Watch the video, they go into a pretty in depth explanation of what the suppressor is, why it is designed the way it is and such.

Also, a .45 ACP and a 9mm are completely different projectiles. A 9mm is going to be better under water than any .45 made because of the shape of the projectile and the velocity when compared to the big slow .45.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.