Outdoors
Sponsored by

What qualifies a person as a super owner?

3,847 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rwv2055
Bigfoot In Aggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Meet America's gun super-owners with an average of 17 firearms each

Couple of quotes from the article.

That top 14% of gun owners a group of 7.7m people, or 3% of American adults own between about eight and 140 guns each. The average is 17.

"I'm from Texas, and I just have an assload of guns," said John Risenhoover, a retired agent from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms who now lives in Colorado.

Risenhoover said he owns about thirty guns, including firearms given to him by his father-in-law and grandfather, his self-defense Glocks, a shotgun for hunting ducks, a larger rifle for hunting elk, and a few .22 handguns, "little plinker guns" he used to teach his children how to shoot. (His daughter is more enthusiastic than his son, he noted.)

"The fact that you'd open the closet and have a stack full of guns in this country is really not a big deal," he said. "I know it sounds weird."

I think that over 20 is a super owner, and a high percentage of Texans own more than 10.
Presley OBannons Sword
more ammo > more guns
Finn Maccumhail
AG
A more important question is; if you're a law-abiding citizen, what business is it of anybody else's how many firearms you have?
AgEng06
AG
Apparently over 30 or so is an assload... so there's that. I don't think I'd use assload until at least 100 or so...
The Wonderer
AG
I've got more than some and less than an ass load, so I guess that's like a butt load? I know it's not a s**t load and definitely far from a **** load.
Presley OBannons Sword
how much is in a metric **** ton? my friend has a metric **** ton of guns.
BenderRodriguez
AG
It's probably partially due to the people I interact with, but I know a "crap load" of people who own one or two guns and that is it.

The libs have been trying to push this "yeah there's more guns but less gun owners" crap for years, but it doesn't seem to be the case at all based on firearms sales, new concealed carry licenses, etc.

Duncan Idaho
Well since I read your post, I know the answer is 8.

But it is Interesting to find out that I am a super owner.
Bigfoot In Aggieland
AG
According to the article 86% own between 1 and 7.

I guess I read the OB too much and expect that most people are sitting on a small military arsenal.
JaneDoe02
AG
#lifegoals
EskimoJoe
When my boat sank, I lost 17 firearms with it. It didn't seem like that many.
schmellba99
AG
N+1, only number of guns that is correct to own.
GigemCO2008
AG
I've got 8 in line to purchase and then who knows what I will want

1. Better deer rifle - will be bought in the next month
2. 3 Ar builds in the works, 1 of them being a 2 stamp 300 blk out
4. Over Under Shotgun
5. 1911 9mm
6. Sig 226 tacops with threaded barrel
7. M-14
8. 1000+ yd 6.5 Grendel setup
Canyon99
First time I've ever been called a name that started with super and ended with something other than *******. I'll take it!
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Too many lakes have @$$loads of firearms.
AnScAggie
AG
A gun "super owner" IMO is just an ordinary gun owner, not some gun nut freak. I would think most hunters, target shooters and farm/ranch owners would have at the minimum the following guns.
1) .22, 2) 12 ga shotgun, 3) 20 ga shotgun, 4) AR, 5) Deer/varmint rifle <.270, 6) Deer rifle >= .270, 7) Handgun (2).
aggiedent
AG
OP is a government agent who has heard how kooky some of the folks are on TexAgs.
Spotted Ag
AG
quote:
A gun "super owner" IMO is just an ordinary gun owner, not some gun nut freak. I would think most hunters, target shooters and farm/ranch owners would have at the minimum the following guns.
1) .22, 2) 12 ga shotgun, 3) 20 ga shotgun, 4) AR, 5) Deer/varmint rifle <.270, 6) Deer rifle >= .270, 7) Handgun (2).
Sounds a lot like me
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Provided that N is an integer greater than -1.
Bigfoot In Aggieland
AG
quote:

This is what I thought. As a hunter in Texas I have:
.22 rifle
.22-250 for coyotes
.243 for whitetail
20 gauge upland SxS
12 gauge upland SxS
12 gauge pump for migratory
And a revolver in the car.

You can get to 8 in a hurry.
BenderRodriguez
AG
It's really easy to get to 8, and it's easy to stay at 1 too.

If you're only interested in concealed carry, you can get away with just your carry pistol. Lots of folks do.

If you only want to deer hunt, you can get away with just a deer rifle..lots of people do that too.

In the end all that really matters is that gun owners work together to ensure all of us keep our rights to own however many and whatever type we want.

JSKolache
AG
Not a super owner yet, but I did have to count them out on my fingers to make sure - twice. So on the right track...
powerbelly
AG
I own less than 20, unless you count the AR lowers I have tucked away.
SECeded
malenurse
AG
quote:
I've got more than some and less than an ass load, so I guess that's like a butt load? I know it's not a s**t load and definitely far from a **** load.
When taking a HazMat course, our instructor gave the definition of a sh**load as "more that enough". As in, "there is a sh**load of product on the ground".

Therefore, "sh**load" cannot be used when referring to firearms. Because, we all know, you can never have enough firearms.
Buck Compton
AG
In my understanding:

Assload < ****load < crapton < ****ton < ****ton < metric ****ton

I'd say assload is around 15-20, metric ****ton is over 200. A super owner would be right about a ****load, or probably 40+ At the very minimum.

In my 20s, I already have 16, and that's not including the 20 or so my dad will pass down. I still have some on the list I want.
cuz-i-can
AG
What bothers me is that we now have this new term for normal gun owners. We should be worried less about "super owners" and worried more about "super predators" with a gun. I think we can all agree that law abiding gun owners are not that ones going around committing the majority of gun related crimes yet a new moniker is handed out, and perhaps to somehow demonize, normal, law abiding citizens. ///rant over....
Secolobo
AG
Asking or telling someone how many guns you own is like asking or telling someone how many acres you own.
EskimoJoe
My brother in law inherited his fathers collection. I'm not positive what he had before and what his dad had but now he has over 300. Not a single AR in his collection.
FrontPorchAg
Me - 4
Lake - 6
Aggie Infantry
AG
I had 16 until they were lost in a tragic boating accident in the Gulf.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
Provided that N is an integer greater than -1.
True, but since it is impossible to own negative firearms, we don't have to worry about delving into the theoretical world. N can equal 0 or any number above it, because that is all one can own of a tangible asset such as a firearm.

So, N+1 always applies.
trip
AG
I have an assload at the bottom of a lake.
Hoss
AG
I have enough to handle my current needs and apparently classify me as a super owner, but would like to acquire more (some just because I want them and some in case things get really bad). The real challenge is keeping enough ammo in stock for all of them. I never feel like I have enough ammo even though I have a considerable amount.
Ogre09
AG
Have 7

Have a list of the next 20 to buy
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.