Outdoors
Sponsored by

Step 1 of my new PCC

7,665 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr. Dubi
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

9mm
Can be used at USPSA and 3 gun!

Total impulse purchase after work.
Mr. Dubi
Actually step 2. Upper parts, magazines and RR mag well adapter in the mail.

I chose to build a Colt style set up because it works exactly like a .223/5.56 lower. I'll share the build as parts come in and I can debug it.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Uspsa's new PPC division is exciting.

9mm and .22 ARs are a hoot.
Naveronski
AG
Colt 9mm Uzi mags?
Mr. Dubi
Metalform Colt pattern mags from PSA.
dubi
AG
quote:
Metalform Colt pattern mags from PSA.
So faux colt mags?
lexofer
AG
I really want a PCC. One of the guys I used to always compete against in USPSA talks so much crap about PCC and how it shouldn't be a division. I want to take a PCC to a local match just so I can beat him with his silly pistol, post the overall results on Facebook and tag him in it.
maverick2076
[URL=.html][/URL]

I love my PCC. It's built on a Runner Runner lower to take Glock mags. It's handy, accurate at the distances I need it to be, and quiet with the suppressor.
Mr. Dubi

I found the hole in our bank account

Not really our safe.
punisher lowers
drummer0415
AG
I have a PCC build in progress. Already have stamped approved for SBR, just need to find the money to finish building it, lol.
Puryear Playboy
AG
PCC is sort of like that old joke about overweight girlfriends and mopeds...

I have five or six 30 round stainless Colt mags by CProducts I can make somebody a good deal on. Years ago I had a Colt 9mm SBR that I used to win the State Carbine Championship with (sub gun division.)
dubi
AG
quote:
PCC is sort of like that old joke about overweight girlfriends and mopeds...

I have five or six 30 round stainless Colt mags by CProducts I can make somebody a good deal on.
Years ago I had a Colt 9mm SBR that I used to win the State Carbine Championship with (sub gun division.)

Me!
Mr. Dubi
We might take you up on that once it's up and running. If it doesn't work, I might have to bail and go the Glock route...
Naveronski
AG
quote:
We might take you up on that once it's up and running. If it doesn't work, I might have to bail and go the Glock route...

You should for your handguns as well.
dubi
Naveronski
AG
This is TexAgs! My purchase is better than yours, and I must post repeatedly to justify it to myself!
Mr. Dubi
quote:

You should for your handguns as well.

Tried that....
dubi
AG
quote:
punisher lowers

I've wanted one since they were released and now I finally have one.

Bonus is that it came with a sticker too!
The Wonderer
AG
Following

Does any 9mm work for that division? Mainly, Scorp Evos?
Mr. Dubi
quote:
Following

Carbine or Registered SBR. No SMG style or AR pistols.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
Following

Carbine or Registered SBR. No SMG style or AR pistols.
Hmm, my Evo was just stamped by the ATF..

I need to look into this.
Mr. Dubi
Mag adapter came in today! It fits nicely in the two lowers I tried; the Punisher and a registered SBR. It goes in like a magazine and the regular.223 mag release holds the Colt style magazines.

The advantage of going this route is twofold; we get to use the same guns we've been using for years, and we get to use registered lowers we currently have to build an SBR.

If the adapter works without tweaking then we'll have a two minute caliber change.

Mr. Dubi
The More parts came in Friday:

I put it on a registered lower I already had, so the Punisher lower is not going to be used for this unless I get a 5" flash hider pinned on it.

The rail that came with the bundle was kind of heavy so I replaced it with one I had taken off another build.

As it sits it's 5.8 lb without an optic. The magazines are due in Monday. Once I get those, I'll see if it runs.
Mr. Dubi

The mag block inside the lower with the bundle rail next to it
Mr. Dubi
Mags came in last night. These are really heavy! I disassembled them and cleaned the thick grease off of them. I also made some dummy rounds to hand cycle through the gun to ensure they would load and extract.

Next: off to the range to see how it works.
FrontPorchAg
quote:

I found the hole in our bank account

Not really our safe.
Safe is too small. Looks like you need more room. I suggest making the kids sleep in the same room and converting your new found space into a walk-in
Mr. Dubi
Kids have moved out, graduated college and are self supporting. How else could I afford to live like this?
Mr. Dubi
Went to Champion and fired about 200 rounds through it. It ran without issue a variety of ammo even stuff that hangs up in my M&P. I shot 1" groups with a 4 MOA red dot at 15 yards unsupported.

I think I might just keep this one and build another for Dubi.
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
The More parts came in Friday:

I put it on a registered lower I already had, so the Punisher lower is not going to be used for this unless I get a 5" flash hider pinned on it.

The rail that came with the bundle was kind of heavy so I replaced it with one I had taken off another build.

As it sits it's 5.8 lb without an optic. The magazines are due in Monday. Once I get those, I'll see if it runs.

Who makes that modular rail?
Mr. Dubi
Older version of this rail

This was about the only handguard I could find at the time that didn't weigh over a pound and cost $250 back in 2012/13. It's about 10 oz with the aluminum barrel nut. The aluminum seems a little softer than most and the finish scratches easily, but it's well over 1.5" ID so any silencer will fit inside it.
Dr. Faustus
AG
Thanks. I looked far and wide for something like this. Don't know how I didn't come across this one.
Mr. Dubi
The inner diameter is 1.8", the outer is 2.13 at the widest point without a rail.

I dropped in an AR-10 carbine recoil spring and am using an H2 buffer. Still tweaking the recoil system to smoothe it out.

Also looking for the right ammo. I'm currently settled on a 124 hand load that wound up being too weak to cycle my M&P CORE. I have been out to Champion so I am limited to 15 yards. Using my handload with a 3 MOA sight I'm getting 1" groups still, which is good enough since it's going to be used to shoot USPSA papers and steel targets no smaller than 4" and no shots past 25 yards.

Botach had the Trijicon MRO for $399, and Dubi ordered one today. I'm most likely going to move the upper and adapter to Dubi's SBR so I can have my lower back so I don't think I'm going to persue any more development at this time since it's good enough to run a match Sunday.
Mr. Dubi
dp
dubi
AG
PCC play at the range today!

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.