Outdoors
Sponsored by

New home for dog - Cypress

3,431 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Blue Bell Ag
pasquale
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am looking to find a new home for a dog that we have had for about 6 months. He is not the right fit for our family and our lifestyle. He needs a family that can be more attentive to him and a house with a bigger backyard than what we have.

He will be 1 year old in October and he is micro-chipped and neutered.
He knows the "sit" and "leave it" command and is crate trained. We kennel him at night and he does well.

I am asking $75 for him but will include his kennel, harness leash, chew toys. Just not looking to give him away as our family would like to find a great fit for him.

He does OKAY on the leash when we have walked him on the trails and does well with other dogs. I think he can be a great dog with some more attention and training towards him but that is something our work/lifestyle can't do at this moment. He is good with children but ours are ages 8 & 5 so he is a little strong for them.

He weights about 45 lbs and most likely a yellow lab mix. We live in Cypress and you are more than welcome to come see him at our house or I can arrange to meet somewhere.

MrJonMan
AG
Hmm....also in Cypress, wife has been begging for another dog as we have a 1yr old Great Dane that could use a friend.

However I'm currently in talks with rescuing another Dane. If it falls through, I'll be in contact
aggie_wes
AG
Adolescent dogs are assh*les. Don't base the temperament of the dog based on how he acts from 8-18 months old.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
Adolescent dogs are assh*les. Don't base the temperament of the dog based on how he acts from 8-18 months old.

Definitely this. Not saying for sure keep it, but my dog was a completely different beast from 7 months to 1.5 years. Now he's a dream (minus the whole toothbrush incident a few weeks ago )
Cole Trickle
AG
Same here. Do what is best for your family, but my lab was a ******** until 18 months. Now he is the best dog we could have ever dreamed of.
mazzag
AG
quote:

I have an Australian Shepard I rescued when she was almost a year old. I spent the next year trying to find her a new home. She's now 11 and the best dog I've ever had. Her protectiveness of me and my daughter is irreplaceable.
Potcake
AG
So, you want to dump a dog after six months but also recoup a little expense?
dubi
AG
quote:
Rescue organizations say to never give away a dog for free.

Dog fighting groups will call and adopt free pets.
austinrb10
AG
GTF outta here with that garbage. I'd rather someone charge for a dog than give away for free to mitigate some of the trash wanting to use it for other means than family. Not to mention the OP has already placed a lot of expenses with supply, shots, etc.

OP what is it that didn't fit your family with this dog? It may help the dog find the right home.
RogueAg
AG
quote:

1. The OP isn't "dumping" the dog. He wants to find a home for it. Perhaps you missed that part in the top post where he said he was looking for a new home for it. Twice.

2. There is nothing wrong with wanting to recoup some money for the dog. The dog is property afterall. And as mentioned by others, there are good reasons for asking for money beyond just recouping expenses.

3. Go away.
pasquale
AG
The damage i have to repair exceeds what we have put into the dog. I'm including kennel and other stuff but I've heard not to give it away. Give me some credit, my old man growing up would have already dumped the dog on a country road.
pasquale
AG
quote:
Hmm....also in Cypress, wife has been begging for another dog as we have a 1yr old Great Dane that could use a friend.

However I'm currently in talks with rescuing another Dane. If it falls through, I'll be in contact

JonMan
We are off 290/Telge area if you'd like to take a look and see him.

MrJonMan
AG
quote:
quote:

JonMan

Us too, in Coles
pasquale
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

JonMan

Us too, in Coles

We are in Coles too. Shoot me a text if you want to swing by. Eight 32-259-three 047

pasquale
AG
bump

Includes 6 month supply of Trifexis we just got this past weekend at his vet check up. He weights 45 lbs
pasquale
pasquale
AG
Still looking for better home for this dog
Potcake
Unemployed
AG
Potcake is an a55hole.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
Nice floor!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.