Outdoors
Sponsored by

My wife has expensive taste (Sig pistols)

2,472 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JaneDoe02
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So we went to the store today to have her handle some pistols. Of course the one that fits her hand and she can operate the best is the Sig p238. Looks like I'm going to be buying another Sig soon. LOL
Kenneth_2003
AG
Doesn't that mean you also get to spend top dollar on your pistols too?
AgBQ-00
AG
This also probably means that the browning BDA my brother is giving her for her birthday will be a spare for us. Will have to take them both to the range though to see which she likes he best. My bet is on the Sig.
AgBQ-00
AG
We'll have to see how that plays out.
tx4guns
AG
I do grips for those. Just saying.
FIDO*98*
AG
A Sig Sauer will hold its value well. I'd have no issues if my wife wanted a gun like that. Compared to a nice purse, I'd rather buy her a gun for that kind of $.
ToddyHill
AG
Congrats.

My wife and I both own the Sig P238 for our concealed carry. Yes, they're expensive. That said, it was the gun she felt the most comfortable, and she shoots it with confidence and accuracy.

Of course, my only recommendation is that she use the gun that is best for her.
MisterShipWreck
Try renting one. I have a friend with one. I shot it, and didn't care for it that much. Thought the trigger was too heavy on his.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
Sig makes a great gun.. I have a P232 that is a nice pistol.
AgBQ-00
AG
Next weekend we are going to the range to shoot it. I'm sure that will be the clincher.
BMF_AG95
AG
My wife also liked the P238. We haven't bought it yet but that is probably the one she is going to buy. The next weekend we stay in town we are going to see if we can rent one. We saw one at academy that was $519. I think it is a special gun for them. That was a few months ago and I haven't seen it again.

So maybe that wasn't a lot of good information but it is what it is.
Log
AG
quote:
So we went to the store today to have her handle some pistols. Of course the one that fits her hand and she can operate the best is the Sig p238. Looks like I'm going to be buying another Sig soon. LOL
Better than a $700 purse.
MouthBQ98
AG
Same exact thing happened to me. She always jokes she likes the more expensive things. She tried a few guns and gravitated right to the 238. She liked that she could handle it and work the action easily.
Mule_lx
AG
I did the same thing! I took my rib to the store. She handled them all. She liked the p238 the best. Of course, they had a regular p238 and the Texas edition p238. Obvious difference in price. Which did we purchase you might ask? Well, her pistol's name is Tex.
BCO07
AG
We have a 238 for the wife as well, really like it
Caliber
AG
quote:
Doesn't that mean you also get to spend top dollar on your pistols too?
That is what I took it to mean when my wife got her P238!
ToddyHill
AG
FWIW....this video was of great help to both my wife and I when we were searching for our concealed carry:

Again, in my opinion, choose the pistol that feels most comfortable to you.

lazuras_dc
AG
i used to have a S&W bodyguard and I shot my buddy's 238. It was way more comfortable, light years better sight, and just overall felt better. I now have a 938 and same thing, love it.

I love how in the video he still gets a kick out of shooting those 2 Liter bottles as Im sure he does a ton of shooting for his videos and in general.
TheCougarHunter
AG
My old lady loves her 238. I had to get a 938 as well.
tx4guns
AG
Ditto.

quote:
My old lady loves her 238. I had to get a 938 as well.
JaneDoe02
AG
My EDC is a 938. Love it!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.