Outdoors
Sponsored by

Smokin' new cooler deal.

11,350 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Danther37
AggieChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I found this new cooler at ****'s Sporting Goods. It's made by a company called "COLEMAN", and this is the 48 quart size. It comes in blue or red.

It has a pretty pricey list price... it was $39.97, but they were running a special and it was on sale for $19.99. They only had about 200 of them in stock, so I grabbed one before they ran out.

As a bonus, I had a $10 ****'s Score Card reward, so I paid $9.99 for the cooler. Well, it was $10.59 after tax, so I had to add an extra buck, but I felt like it was still a good deal.

I used it last week, and man, let me tell you, this thing holds ice! I put ice in it on Thursday, and it still had 50% of the ice in it when I went to top it up for an event on Friday. I actually had to spill 1/3 of a bag of ice in the Kroger parking lot because I bought too much.

I have left it out on my back porch since Saturday hoping to test its bear-proof capabilities. All I've seen though is some muddy cat prints on the lid. The cat didn't get in, though! So it's cat proof.

I know the board is big on cooler trends so I thought y'all would want to know about this "COLEMAN" brand that is popping up around here.
RK
AG
those coolers have actually been around for a long time.
Trigger06
AG
I think your sarcasm meter is broken.
sjislepilot
AG
quote:
Chazz03
AG
raidernarizona
I think yours is.....
C4D
AG
That looks like my dad's cooler from the 70's
Chazz03
AG
quote:
That looks like my dad's cooler from the 70's
Naw they were metal then
C4D
AG
80's then?

Spent a many hours with my back up against one of those floating the Grande back when it was a bit safer.
WC87
AG
Only a hillbilly in WV would pimp a coalman.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
For AC:

DriftwoodAg
AG
quote:
RK
AG
oddly, the red raider is One of the few who gets it.
DUman08
AG
Strongwind86
AG
Does it come with a sticker for the rear window of the brodozer?.....
(must have...)
Throwout
AG
Please repost photo once cooler has required Costa, Orvis, Delta Waterfowl, Realtree, Salt Life, Ducks Unlimited, Bass Pro, Sage, Cabelas, Join CCA, Mossy Oak, Guy Harvey, NRA, Ray Ban stickers applied.
normaleagle05
AG
In what species of game fish are their beverage entry tools available? And by available I mean backordered.

This information is critical.
AggieChemist
AG
I ran some math. The YETI Tundra is $379.99 at ****s. The COLEMAN 48 is $19.99. So for the price of one YETI, I can buy 19 and a fraction COLEMANS.

So, if I get one year out of each COLEMAN cooler, I would be good until I am 59 years old. If I get TWO years out of each cooler, I would be good until I was 78 years old.

Assuming I bought one COLEMAN cooler, and then invested the remaining $360 in my savings account and drew 3% interest on that balance, and then withdrew $19 each year to buy a new cooler, I would still have $153 in my savings account in 20 years, and I'd have a fancy new COLEMAN every year!
AZAG08
AG
quote:
I ran some math. The YETI Tundra is $379.99 at ****s. The COLEMAN 48 is $19.99. So for the price of one YETI, I can buy 19 and a fraction COLEMANS.

So, if I get one year out of each COLEMAN cooler, I would be good until I am 59 years old. If I get TWO years out of each cooler, I would be good until I was 78 years old.

Assuming I bought one COLEMAN cooler, and then invested the remaining $360 in my savings account and drew 3% interest on that balance, and then withdrew $19 each year to buy a new cooler, I would still have $153 in my savings account in 20 years, and I'd have a fancy new COLEMAN every year!
You take your facts and figures elsewhere!
GIGEMeh
More importantly, where are you getting this 3% interest?!
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
More importantly, where are you getting this 3% interest?!
My credit union.
AgySkeet06
AG
ENG
AG
By AC's math, at $2 a bag you can get 180 bags of ice to overcome the coolers shortcomings
HookThis
AG
SquirrellyDan
AG
I'd prefer a cool deal on a smoker to a smokin deal on a cooler.
Harkrider 93
AG
I got the blue one of the same model. I even have my name on it in case it gets stolen.
Kolache007
AG
Did it come with a sticker to put on your truck?
Sean98
AG
quote:

Edit... and also this one.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Mark Messier appears to be enjoying the cold one he got from his Coleman

FIDO 96
AG
But how many chicks want to bag a guy with a Coleman cooler? Can you really put a price on the niave chick who likes to bang over superficial objects?
FIDO 96
AG
quote:
Mark Messier appears to be enjoying the cold one he got from his Coleman

This thread is officially over. The Internet has surrendered.
Texas 1836
AG
I hear those are theft proof, too ...
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

Yeah, but that fraction of a COLEMAN is completely useless. So there's that hole in your theory, big boy.
62strat
AG
They make a great mash tun.

Aggiehunter34
S
Well I be dang.... all this time I thought that was a casket for Gary Coleman
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.