Outdoors
Sponsored by

Deputy shot in NW Harris County

10,367 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by EskimoJoe
fightingfarmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Developing.

Sounds like some black suspects pulled up on him at a gas station and opened fire.

Always be alert.
aggielostinETX
AG
They will find him... And I bet it won't end well.
bam02
AG
Prayer sent. So sickening.

I'm sorry, but this is directly tied to the racial divisiveness of our president.
ursusguy
AG
Saw the story on the news. Messed up deal.
Strongwind86
DX2011
AG
Is there a name on the officer? Have a friend's dad that works out that way.
htxag09
AG
No name released. Just that he was a 10 year veteran.
T&P to his family and the HCSO.
johnrth
http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/deputy-shooting-death-update/

Horrible looks to be a sneak attack and just animal like
Vernada
AG
quote:

I'm sorry, but this is directly tied to the racial divisiveness of our president.

Really?
Old Sarge
AG
Some of the #blacklivesmatter group have called for the lynching/killing of whites and police see the Politics Board). This sounds like an assassination of a police officer. Wonder if the supposed open calling of lynching/killing of whites and police have had an impact.

With a complacent MSM, this will not be a nationwide story if it was a white officer and a black assailant. Can't have that news contrary to the agenda and talking points about white officers killing blacks. No sir.

CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
quote:

Really?
Really!
dubi
AG
Our oldest son is HPD; it is moments like this I wish he was in a different profession.

All the black lives matter/I can't breathe BS has become a movement that is absolutely frightening.

I should be asleep and not sick to my stomach with fear and dread that my son finishes his shift alive.

Prayers to the officers family and the 1st responders at the scene. May the suspect quickly suffer acute lead poisoning.
dubi
AG
quote:
quote:

Really?

Yes! Do you not see the growing racial hatred for whites/cops? In past years it was a march or a gathering, now it is an outright assassination of an officer shot in the back. Where will this end?
FTAG 2000
AG
Obama won't say **** about it outside of calling for more gun control.

F him.
ATX_AG_08
AG
quote:

Not just the president but the overwhelming media. True journalism is dead as we know it. Our children will be subjected to pure sensationalism journalism.

We talk a lot of crap about ESPN but they just followed suit in the business model of what gets clicks and what drives dollars.
bam02
AG
quote:
In reply to bam02
Quote:

Really?

I know my comment wasn't 100% appropriate for the OB. I could not help it, though. This truly is heart breaking and sickening to me. Not just for this deputy and his family, but for our country.

Anyone who cannot see how terrible race relations have gotten over the last 7 years is willfully blind. I certInly didn't vote for Obama but I distinctly remember waking up the day after he was elected and watching the coverage and feeling happiness and pride thinking what this day must feel like for so many minorities in our country, especially much older African Americans who probably never imagined that would actually happen. I never liked Obama's politics, but on that day I at least thought it was going to be a great positive step for racial harmony. I have never been so wrong. Every opportunity he has had to fan the flames of animosity he has done so.
RC_57
AG
From KTRK site: Suspect arrested in deadly ambush on Harris County Sheriff's deputy

"An intense manhunt covered Harris County for hours overnight. At about 2:30am, authorities converged on a home on Crystal Lake in Copperfield, led there by a tip. The focus of the investigation is on the red pickup truck in the home's driveway. The suspect was taken into custody at what's said to be his mother's house. "

http://abc13.com/news/suspect-arrested-in-deadly-ambush-on-deputy/961336/
OnlyForNow
AG
The officer who was murdered is named Goforth.
dr_boogs
AG
Bam with a completely appropriate post given the OP and terrible tragedy down in Montgomery.

Anyone - verdana or otherwise - who can't see the truth in bam's original post is either a head in the sand ostrich or a leftist drone.
carsoca2
quote:
quote:

Really?

Wake up, dude. Have you been living under a rock the past seven years?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
quote:
Bam with a completely appropriate post given the OP and terrible tragedy down in Montgomery.

Anyone - verdana or otherwise - who can't see the truth in bam's original post is either a head in the sand ostrich or a leftist drone.
OE_Ag11
AG
Holy ****. I was driving back through there last night and saw cops everywhere. They were searching everywhere with spotlights. Really concentrating on the south side of 290.

That's horrible that's what it was for. I was guessing it was a drunk driver that took off on foot or something.
ursusguy
AG
Deputy Darren H. Goforth RIP

It is the top story on CNN right now, it is getting national attention.
carsoca2
quote:
quote:

Not just the president but the overwhelming media. True journalism is dead as we know it. Our children will be subjected to pure sensationalism journalism.
Very true. Case in point: Instead of calling the suspect what he is, they now have a new nomenclature...."dark-complexioned man".

So....

- The word "Negro" is racially divisive and played out in the 1950's
- They don't want to be called black because it is a color, not a person
- They don't want to be called African-American because they are American and not naturalized Africans
- Although they call themselves the "N" word, whites or the media is not allowed because it is racist and street slang

Personally, I see no problem with calling him black, or white, or brown, or whatever he may be. So sick of this political pandering media. When is this country going to wake up and stop being so thin-skinned?
agent-maroon
AG

Yeah, they didn't want to call the suspect a "black" male because this security photo and witnesses weren't enough evidence to make that description with certainty

[/sarcasm]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Knucklesammich
I think its more about the guard rail to guard rail reaction of society in general that is fueled by social media and a sensationalist press (which has always been sensationalist but lacked a true-realtime platform).

Or maybe the realtime platform caused journalism to shift...see for example when there is more than a hour delay in reports on closed practices over on the football board.

Long short I don't think its the President per se I'm this case...I think he is the effigy of a larger problem.

RIP to the deputy and hope they punish said scumbag to the max.
Rockdoc
AG
But there will be no burning and looting over this
bam02
AG
quote:

Long short I don't think its the President per se I'm this case...I think he is the effigy of a larger problem.

I don't completely disagree. Part of my point is that, Obama, more than any other person in history (by far) could bring races together. Instead he helps divide them to play victim/class politics.
schmellba99
AG
Horrible deal, and indicative of a huge social issue that had been brewing for a long, long time now.

I feel for the officer's family and friends.
Puryear Playboy
AG
The only comfort I have about this is that knowing its Harris County this POS will be feeling a cold needle and a warm injection sometime in the future. Won't be quick enough, though.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
I never liked Obama's politics, but on that day I at least thought it was going to be a great positive step for racial harmony. I have never been so wrong. Every opportunity he has had to fan the flames of animosity he has done so.

Right there with you bam. Obama the candidate was polished, charismatic, and for the most part, engaging and positive. Always hated his politics and had serious concerns about his past and influences, but I, like you, was looking at the glass as half full when he was elected.

What a dolt I was. Obama and his ilk have successfully done everything they can to stoke tensions in this country to the breaking point, which was always the intent. He's a racial/cultural agitator with deep seated hate and resentment for western civilization. Oh and he's an ass hole too.
Knucklesammich
I get the part about the victim politics...inductive of an its always someone else's fault mentality.
TxAG-010
AG
It was touched on earlier but the issue is clear. This will not get addressed at all by the White House, I would be shocked if it was even mentioned. Yet whenever the charleston church shooting or even as recent as the shooting in Virginia (both terrible senseless acts fueled by race) you have all out presidential statements and visitations for one and absolute silence for the other. It's clear that the administration only plays one side of the fence and that most of all is what makes me sick. I just want someone to ask the president face to face " Will you be making a statement or visiting the family of the slain deputy in Houston?" He would deflect that question faster than it was asked...
Waltonloads08
AG
NW Harris County is really turning into a war zone.
Mr. Dubi
quote:
quote:

We talk a lot of crap about ESPN but they just followed suit in the business model of what gets clicks and what drives dollars.

The biggoted slant by media against police is rampant. Here is a story last Sunday by a ***** bag marcelino benito on KHOU where he tries to bait a witness obviously based on color:KHOU race baiting story

About 2/3 through the story the talking head, not reporter or journalist asks "you don't think race was involved?"

Not a reasonable question. At all. Ever.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.