Outdoors
Sponsored by

Dear Yeti

19,363 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tagguy
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
About your Rambler. I don't want to go into a lengthy discussion about why you should revisit whatever class you took on thermodynamics, but suffice it to say that your Rambler is only about 96% correct. In case you aren't aware, you have a f-ING open hole in the top.

When are you going to remedy this so that it will actually be as cold as science allows and more suitable for people who would use them for outdoors and less for frat daddies?

Just asking. Check out Thermos and Contigo for ideas on making your Rambler better.

Now that I'm done being a condescending *******, has Yeti any plans for that? I Would totally pay 40 bucks for yhat thing if it closed and sealed.
FIDO*98*
AG
IMO the Rambler is the item Yeti sells that is most price justified. Their boat straps are the tits as well
JavierC2005
Their koozie is pretty sweet.
tmaggie50
AG
I love my rambler. I find that the more colorful your shirt is and the shorter your kaki shorts are, the colder your drink stays
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
Their koozie is pretty sweet.

I saw the koozie this weekend and thought that's pretty cool. However, I drink a 12 Oz beer in about 5 minutes, so I don't think I can justify $30 plus for a koozie.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
I love my rambler. I find that the more colorful your shirt is and the shorter your kaki shorts are, the colder your drink stays

Don't forget to have on your costas and fishing shirt to achieve the coldest drink.
plowboy1065
S
quote:
About your Rambler. I don't want to go into a lengthy discussion about why you should revisit whatever class you took on thermodynamics, but suffice it to say that your Rambler is only about 96% correct. In case you aren't aware, you have a f-ING open hole in the top.

When are you going to remedy this so that it will actually be as cold as science allows and more suitable for people who would use them for outdoors and less for frat daddies?

Just asking. Check out Thermos and Contigo for ideas on making your Rambler better.

Now that I'm done being a condescending *******, has Yeti any plans for that? I Would totally pay 40 bucks for yhat thing if it closed and sealed.
BLASPHEMY!!!
Strongwind86
AG
The Yeti Rambler has a "top"?.... Interesting.
Never use the lid that came with mine...

"Lids" or "tops" are for kids "sippy cups" so they don't spill in mom's minivan... ;-)
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
I may have to double check this in my thermodynamics book when I get home, but I believe the "f-ING" hole as previously described allows a slight amount of heat into the Rambler, thereby preventing the temperature within said Rambler from reaching absolute zero (-459.67 degF). Such an absence of enthalpy and entropy will cause a rift in the space-time continuum and none of us want that. At least that's the way I designed it.

mfbarnes82
NoneGiven
AG
Buy a Zojirushi and slap a sticker on it.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Weak gripe OP.

I have 2 beefs with the Rambler. First, it's not supposed to go into the dishwasher so I have to hand wash it. And second is that the 30oz doesn't remotely hold 30oz of liquid- closer to 24oz or so.

Performance wise, it's the tits.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Weak gripe OP.

I have 2 beefs with the Rambler. First, it's not supposed to go into the dishwasher so I have to hand wash it. And second is that the 30oz doesn't remotely hold 30oz of liquid- closer to 24oz or so.

Two standard beer cans equals 24oz, what's the problem?
DTrain
AG
Yettie koozie is the real deal.

Contigo is far superior to cup options IMO. Doesn't leak at all.
VanZandt92
quote:
Yettie koozie is the real deal.

Contigo is far superior to cup options IMO. Doesn't leak at all.

Just more **** for me to lose or get stolen.
phorizt
Don't have any real Yeti gear but my yeti bumper sticker was worth the price. Chick magnet!
Poeag
AG
Buy a hydroflask, problem solved
AgBQ-00
AG
My rambler held ice for over 24 hours and keeps my coffee hot on my commute and into my morning work. I was a skeptic but this thing has won me over
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
The Yeti Rambler has a "top"?.... Interesting.
Never use the lid that came with mine...

"Lids" or "tops" are for kids "sippy cups" so they don't spill in mom's minivan... ;-)

Or people that aren't hunting their high fenced 10 acres from a cute little deer stand.
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
Weak gripe OP.

I think it's a solid gripe. Its a solid product that is completely useless to me. A sealing lid would allow it to be tossed into a backpack or a lunchbox or any myriad of places. Seems it was designed to haul Starbucks Coffee to the office and sit it on a desk with the logo prominently displayed but they are SO CLOSE to greatness. Not a huge deal but as a product marketed around outdoor folks it falls a bit short. Why wouldn't you allow it to be air sealed? Would certainly function better.

Of course I realize that if they put a real lid on it the price would double, but I'd still consider it if you could use it. Everyone that uses it for hot coffee in their "work truck" nissan titan can still use it and it would open up the market for those that want it for real work like in a backpack all day in the field, or just keeping the top clean. Just seems like a large oversight.
mneisch
AG
Based on your needs you definitely want a Hydro flask.
saltydog13
AG
It's really hand washing only?
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
It's really hand washing only?
Yeah, but I hand wash most of my stuff anyway so it doesn't bother me. I can definitely see why it would some people though.
saltydog13
AG
I prefer hand washing anyways since the apartment dishwasher sucks, but that's good to know.
letterman72
AG
quote:
quote:
Weak gripe OP.

I think it's a solid gripe. Its a solid product that is completely useless to me. A sealing lid would allow it to be tossed into a backpack or a lunchbox or any myriad of places. Seems it was designed to haul Starbucks Coffee to the office and sit it on a desk with the logo prominently displayed but they are SO CLOSE to greatness. Not a huge deal but as a product marketed around outdoor folks it falls a bit short. Why wouldn't you allow it to be air sealed? Would certainly function better.

Of course I realize that if they put a real lid on it the price would double, but I'd still consider it if you could use it. Everyone that uses it for hot coffee in their "work truck" nissan titan can still use it and it would open up the market for those that want it for real work like in a backpack all day in the field, or just keeping the top clean. Just seems like a large oversight.
I'm not paying $40 for a sippy cup. Mine keeps things cold for a long time so I like it the way it is. That thing is heavy when it's full so probably not something you want to pack on your back. Thermos for the lunchbox.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Check out the contigo auto seal. It is a game changer
HUEY04
AG
I've got a contigo and it's alright but I use my zojirushi 99% of the time for coffee and hydroflask 99% of the time for cold drinks.
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
Based on your needs you definitely want a Hydro flask.

Gonna be doing some googling.
bam02
AG
I actually appreciate that it doesn't have some closure system. That's just something else to break. I'd never trust most lids to seal enough to just "throw it in a bag" anyway. It'll hold ice all day long in this recent Texas weather so I'd say it does just fine.
dolch
AG
if your paying $40 for yours, you need to become better friends with dealer....

That said, the rambler has become my only way to drink whiskey and coke. minimal ice melting!
metrag06
AG
+1 Hydro flask

Got one for my birthday this year on the recommendation of one of my buddies with USFS. Best part was I ordered the 32oz and they accidentally shipped me a 40oz bottle. Holds ice through most of a day at work.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
This has been my complaint as well. Though, i'm not so worried about the thermal issues as I am with spilling. If I put my coffee in my rambler before I leave the house for work, it sloshes out of the cup as I drive. Not a great design for traveling with beverages. I have been toying with designing an aftermarket lid for it and if it works maybe even trying to sell it.
schmellba99
AG
I have discovered that my knowledge of tactical drinking vessels is woefully lacking.

mneisch
AG
quote:
+1 Hydro flask

Got one for my birthday this year on the recommendation of one of my buddies with USFS. Best part was I ordered the 32oz and they accidentally shipped me a 40oz bottle. Holds ice through most of a day at work.
Yep, two weeks ago I was working all day out in the south Texas sun. Filled it up with ice in the morning, then just kept topping it off with water throughout the day. I think I refilled at least 6 times, and even being out in the sun I had ice left come 8 PM. I went for the 24 oz, since it fits in a standard backpack water bottle pocket but kinda want the 40 oz now. They also have a growler for those that want to keep large quantities of beer cold.

Well crap, just checked Amazon and the 40 oz stainless is only $28. Couldn't resist ordering it.
water turkey
Would the Yeti Rambler be good for beer drinking at the beach/swimming pool, where you cant have a bottle?
TwoMarksHand
AG
I've got a Rambler 20 oz and a Stanley One hand Vacuum Mug 20oz that I rotate depending on if I go to the office or not. The Stanley has a button that you press to open the drink hole. It's double walled steel like the Rambler, but keeps my coffee hotter longer. Also its only $30 for the 20oz, but that's the largest size.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.