Outdoors
Sponsored by

oh heeeeeeeeellll no

3,640 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BoerneGator
Post removed:
by user
BenderRodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not sure the SJWs can do anything worse to BBQ than what the Carolinas have already done.

SECond2noneAgs
AG
As a white man, I'm not sure what the article is hinting towards. I actually prefer my BBQ to be prepared by colored folks.
TatteredShoeLace
AG
I suppose I can Wikipedia it, but it was my understanding that bbq was a cowboy/poor frontier method of cooking the junk cuts of beef to actually taste all right.

Who's my bbq professor here?
tmaggies
AG
Texas Germans.....
schmellba99
AG
I have always read that the quasi-consensus is that it originayed in the Caribbean (Haiti, Jamaica, etc.) and even the extreme southern tip of Florida, and was traditionally meant to describe cooking a hog in a pit dug in the ground.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
I suppose I can Wikipedia it, but it was my understanding that bbq was a cowboy/poor frontier method of cooking the junk cuts of beef to actually taste all right.

Who's my bbq professor here?

Cowboys made chili out of their junk cuts. Barbeque came from slaves and po' folk and I thank God for their ingenuity.
PhiAggie
AG
Umm...didn't they eat the flesh of animals offered up as a burned sacrifice in the old testament?
Oruc Reis
AG
Sjw?
Post removed:
by user
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
Sjw?

Social Justice Warrior, aka a perpetually butthurt loser who goes out of their way to be offended by things.

For a good example of what they do, refer to the Bud Light "Up for Whatever" campaign controversy. One of their beer labels said "The perfect beer for removing 'no' from your vocabulary for the night." Instead of taking the label in the context of the ad campaign as the "do something fun and crazy" message that was intended, social justice warriors went on a twitter/facebook/blogging rampage about how the label was promoting "rape culture" and got Bud Light to apologize and pull it. They want anything they don't like or agree with to be removed from internet/tv/movies/billboards/culture/the universe, and complain about it to anyone they possibly can because they're so offended. Thanks to the power of the internet, groups of these morons get together and coordinate harassing anyone who doesn't do or see things their way.

It's a lot like our friends here in the OB who whine about gun threads and instead of simply moving on to something they enjoy, make sure to complain loudly about them over and over again while fondly wishing for things that offend their delicate sensibilities to be purged from the board. Imagine thousands instead of a handful of people doing that, with about 6 more hours a day to do nothing but ***** and moan and you'll start to get an idea of the miserable scourge that is social justice warriors.

SoTxAg
AG
got it.
The Fife
It's gotta be sarcasm or a troll. If they actually tried that the SJWs would have the people they're trying to protect lash back at them so fast they wouldn't have a clue what just happened.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I plan on grilling some ribs today and made some steaks yesterday

You can have my BBQ fork when you pry it from my cold dead fingers
Kalebcs
Thankss for the clarity. I was wondering what San Juan Worms had to do with BBQ.
Cancelled
AG
People have been bbqing since the dawn of man. It's not a slave, poor or cowboy thing. Nearly every culture in the world has some sort of bbq.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
People have been bbqing since the dawn of man. It's not a slave, poor or cowboy thing. Nearly every culture in the world has some sort of bbq.
Exactly. How else are we to cook meat without holding it over heat somehow? Silly premise, silly article.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:

Free yourself from the Herero-normative cage and check your privilege.

FrontPorchAg
quote:
Sjw?
I prefer social justice whiner
aggiesq
AG
quote:
quote:
Sjw?
I prefer social justice whiner
more accurately, "some jackwad"
BoerneGator
AG
That article was impossible to read. Some folk are so eaten up with "social justice" their entire world is viewed though that lens. Sad really.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.