Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,427 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
ag0207
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you guys are interested in a yeti like cooler @ half the price check these out. You have to reserve them because they are not scheduled to come out until August.

http://www.rticcoolers.com
JYDog90
AG
You can't see the price?
ag0207
AG
You have to click on the sizes to see the price
AgEng06
AG
2nd thread in a week pushing these things and they aren't even released yet. How do we know they are legit?
ag0207
AG
Not pushing anything. The reservation process requires no form of payment. If they were trying to rip people off I would think they would be taking payment info.
texags08
AG
Looks like a good deal. I reserved one.
Cowboy1990
My thread wasn't pushing these. Just simply asking if anyone had any experience with one.
Mr. McGibblets
FIDO 96
AG
I suspect this little company will fail. I understand some people are very practical and will only pay for what for what they get, but Yeti has created a brand that is worth millions and people buy it because of it. The debate will always be those who think you shouldn't pay more than $50 for an Igloo that works as well as a $400 Yeti, but there is little market space for someone who wants to pay $200 to be like the $400 Yeti. The market is getting flooded with cheap knockoffs, but these RTIC coolers fail to attempt to be uniquely their own. I mean they appear to use the same molds, hinges, drain plugs, etc. as Yeti. This is all good, but you can't claim to be both cheaper and better. If the market strategy is to eliminate marketing costs and just sell a cheap knockoff that's fine, but understand most Yeti sales are to folks who use it recreationally and buy it because of the brand. If you want to see how cheap knockoffs fare, look no further than JC Penny's failed attempt to knock off Polo shirts with their Knights of the Round Table. It was the identical logo as Polo except instead of a polo mallet, the rider had a joust.
Does anyone even rememebr KotRT? Is Polo still in business? Did we have the same arguments back then about the need to own a $20 shirt with a $50 logo? I'm sure Polo and Yeti will both tell you there are enough people who will pay for the brand.
redag06
These coolers are large than the same size yetis. So the claim of cheaper and etter could be true.
aggielostinETX
AG
Reserved 2, a 45 and a 20.
cheeky
AG
they don't claim to be better than Yeti, but they do claim to be larger sized with similar construction, and excellent warranty and return guarantee and 1/2 the price. I think the JC Penny analogy is waaaay off. I've only bought Yeti as gift, but I would definitely pick up one of these because they appear to be legit and far from a "cheap knock off."
cheeky
AG
plus, less likely to be stolen
VanZandt92
I ain't inviting Fido to deer camp. I bet he is a barrel of laughs around a campfire.
DayAg!
S
I already like em cause they aint Yeti.
JYDog90
AG
Did you see the fine print at the bottom of the desktop site? If you preorder they'll send you a Yeti cap.
TRIDENT
AG
Reserved a 65 Qt. We'll see...
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Not pushing anything. The reservation process requires no form of payment. If they were trying to rip people off I would think they would be taking payment info.

That doesn't answer my question...
ag0207
AG
How do you know anything on the Internet is legit?
Picard
AG
quote:
How do you know anything on TexAgs is legit?

FIFY
Bennettag06
AG
Looks legit ... I'm tempted and ship times look to get them to you just in time for Aggie football.
MrJonMan
AG
Tempting
mts6175
AG
quote:
I suspect this little company will fail. I understand some people are very practical and will only pay for what for what they get, but Yeti has created a brand that is worth millions and people buy it because of it. The debate will always be those who think you shouldn't pay more than $50 for an Igloo that works as well as a $400 Yeti, but there is little market space for someone who wants to pay $200 to be like the $400 Yeti. The market is getting flooded with cheap knockoffs, but these RTIC coolers fail to attempt to be uniquely their own. I mean they appear to use the same molds, hinges, drain plugs, etc. as Yeti. This is all good, but you can't claim to be both cheaper and better. If the market strategy is to eliminate marketing costs and just sell a cheap knockoff that's fine, but understand most Yeti sales are to folks who use it recreationally and buy it because of the brand. If you want to see how cheap knockoffs fare, look no further than JC Penny's failed attempt to knock off Polo shirts with their Knights of the Round Table. It was the identical logo as Polo except instead of a polo mallet, the rider had a joust.
Does anyone even rememebr KotRT? Is Polo still in business? Did we have the same arguments back then about the need to own a $20 shirt with a $50 logo? I'm sure Polo and Yeti will both tell you there are enough people who will pay for the brand.

You do realize that Yeti was a cheap knockoff at one time too.....
FroggieBreath
Brothers and co-founders of Yeti - Ryan Seiders graduated from Texas A&M (Biology) and brother Roy from Texas Tceh.

Sold to private equity firm in 2012.
JT06
AG
Actually the Seiders still own a substantial part of the company and contrary to popular belief a large portion of their manufacturing is in the United States.

dead zip 01
AG
Evidently Yeti does not hold any patents on their design since these copy them so closely.

These actually will probably appeal to lots of people because the guys who want the quality of a Yeti but won't pay the high price can now get one. Also, the "status symbol" guys who cant afford a Yeti can get one of these and slap a bumper sticker over the logo so everyone thinks it's a Yeti.

O.G.
quote:
If you want to see how cheap knockoffs fare, look no further than JC Penny's failed attempt to knock off Polo shirts with their Knights of the Round Table. It was the identical logo as Polo except instead of a polo mallet, the rider had a joust.

I will have you know sir that I had not one, but TWO KotRT shirts in Jr. High......
WC87
AG
Just got a Tundra 45 for Fathers Day, and a Grizzly 20 as a present to myself or I'd be interested in this.
shiftyandquick
quote:
quote:
If you want to see how cheap knockoffs fare, look no further than JC Penny's failed attempt to knock off Polo shirts with their Knights of the Round Table. It was the identical logo as Polo except instead of a polo mallet, the rider had a joust.

I will have you know sir that I had not one, but TWO KotRT shirts in Jr. High......
I'd have been happy with a KotRT shirt. I was two pay-grades below that as far as my shirts in junior high.
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
but there is little market space for someone who wants to pay $200 to be like the $400 Yeti.
Pretty sure that is 100% incorrect.
ranchag04
AG
I would be in that market share...i dont buy Yetis because they hold ice longer...I buy them because they will last longer. Its a cooler I can use for a very long time. I was talking to a marine the other day and he said that in Iraq he watched a Yeti get hit by a IED and the Yeti sustained no damage. By the way I just reserved one of the RTICs.
Signel
AG
How about the guy that doesn't care about the brand name and just wants good quality for the best price?

Bert315
AG
quote:
How about the guy that doesn't care about the brand name and just wants good quality for the best price?

Exactly. Don't care about the brand. If it is just as good of quality at half the price then to me it's a no brainier. Not paying $200 more just to say I own a yeti. Will be interesting to see the reviews if this hits market.
BrazosDog02
AG
Why couldnt they make a better product for less money? Yeti has a crazy overpriced product. It is built into the marketing and allowable because the alternatives just don't work that well. Yeti doesn't have a lock on basic thermodynamics. When your product works better than most, you can price it how you want and people will eat it up.....until someone else comes along and does the same exact thing with a smaller markup. Then your're business model is kinda fooked.

gibberish
AG
From their website

quote:
How Can You Sell Your Coolers At Half The Price?
quote:

We are a direct to consumer retailer. By cutting out the big box retailers and using word of mouth & social media to promote our coolers versus paying for high priced ambassadors and commercials, we are able to offer high quality coolers that have all of the features our customers want - at half the price.

How's Eyeguy supposed to make a living and cerakote this stuff for Texags with all this direct to consumer nonsense!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.