Outdoors
Sponsored by

"You should be embarrassed"

29,630 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Philip J Fry
Wocka Wocka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a way to make a man rethink his worth.

The first thing that came to my mind was, "I don't really wash my hands when I handle raw chicken."
VanZandt92
Well I did shoot a federally protected pelican.

But he was eating cutthroat that I stocked. He was behind my stocking boat.
VanZandt92
I did count ribs on an old gal I took out for a date. She was kind of tall and all
KY AG
AG
Family skeet shoot coming, ran into the LGS and bought a case of 12 gauge. Was in a hurry.

20 shots in, my shoulder feels like it's about to fall off. Look at the box. You moran.

dr_boogs
AG
Not only are '44's posts impressive, if my math is right he's pushing 90. To even be able to Internet at his age is amazing. Think of the technology advanced in his lifetime. Would love to meet him someday, buy him a cup of coffee, and thank him for his service. The GREATEST generation.
ursusguy
AG
44 wins.

Intentionally letting a large bullsnake bite will not impress the woman you are interested in....pretty much garunteed bear sightings, much more effective.

Interfering with a bear's love life leads to several seconds of excitement....and I can see that statement coming back to haunt me
UnderoosAg
AG
Gas powered trimmer
River rock
Glasses on tailgate
Broken contact lens
Opthalmologist visit
"That busted lens probably saved your eye"
aggie1944
quote:
Not only are '44's posts impressive, if my math is right he's pushing 90. To even be able to Internet at his age is amazing. Think of the technology advanced in his lifetime. Would love to meet him someday, buy him a cup of coffee, and thank him for his service. The GREATEST generation.

Hit 91 last October. Might be my last season attending games at Kyle. Getting more difficult to make the drive and the walk to our seats. Missed two games last season. Was the first ones I've missed at Kyle since 1953. But then again I've been saying this for the past 15 years so who knows.
dr_boogs
AG
'44 - I live in Aggieland. Give me a call or email me sometime and I'd love to buy you a meal on a game weekend.
Post removed:
by user
duddleysdraw88
AG
quote:
Hit 91 last October

My dad is about to turn 89. You guys truly are members of America's greatest generation.

What stories you could tell!! I have a feeling if you wrote a book it would certainly include a chapter of how this country is unrecognizable in it's current state and NOTHING like what y'all fought so heroically for.

Thank you for your service and we all hope you make it back to Kyle Field!!!!
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Aggie1944 -

quote:
i would like to be there as well. my grandfather 51 is the reason i went to A&M, and i love his stories. would love to meet another man that has similar, yet different, stories. count me in.
This is the OB. We're gonna need a ranch with a fire pit, a full humidor, whiskey and/or keg of shiner, as well as a tape recorder.
GasPasser97
AG
It's crazy to think about the stuff we worry about...then read something like that.

Good reminder to suck it up and press on...
Ag for Life
AG
Thank you for your service Sir!
OnlyForNow
AG
I think there are a few of us that would pitch in to make sure you got to every game you wanted to attend sir.

I leave in Sugar Land and would definitely volunteer to drive you and your wife or family up there for a game. I'll tailgate while yall enjoy it and drive back whenever you're ready.
AggieCowboy
AG
Doesn't compare to 44's but once reclaimed an elk from a Griz after he ate part of it and had buried it. He trailed our packer about 3 miles. Packer first then Griz then me and a client headed down the trail. One of the dumbest things I ever did in the Hills.
FullDraw
AG
Threads like these are why this is the greatest site in existence.
rhtexfish
AG
quote:
Can't speak for myself. However saw a magazine fall right out of a luger when a Nazi tried to fire it. I still have his pistol.

I'll bet he regretted that for the rest of his life.

All 2 seconds of it.
schmellba99
AG
I broke my own leg with my truck once.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Story time...
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:

Ghost ridin' the whip.
Return to Glory
AG
Let's compete for second place.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
Story time...

The rear u-joint in my truck was going bad, so one Sunday afternoon I decide it's time to swap it out before I end up with a drive shaft on the ground driving down 59. No big deal, I've done this more than once - so I crawl under my truck and proceed to unbolt the yoke and pop the drive shaft free from the rear differential.

I should have known something was not right when it took a great deal of force to pop the shaft out of the yoke. But no, that red flag was ignored. I went and got a bigger screwdriver to give me more leverage. Again, red flags and blaring sirens, along with a chorus of "you are a a dumbass!" was completely ignored.

I finally pop the shaft out of the yoke, and - quite shockingly I might add - without the transmission park gear keeping my truck from moving, it starts rolling. (Obviously I had neglected basic safety, such as parking break, wheel chocks, etc. like a complete and utter dipsheet). With me under it. Not good. I thought for a second about trying to shoot out the side, but was worried about getting run over by my front tire, so I ended up acting like a squirrel and kind of just freezing in place. At least I had enough good sense to lay flat, not completely freak out and let the truck roll over me. The front differential barely misses my head, but I still get caught by the front axle, so I roll along with the truck as its rolling down the driveway. At some point, my right leg gets caught up in the steering linkage - broken in 2 places, lost about 2 square feet of skin, scared the ever living sheet out of me, etc.

Luckily my parent's neighbor (was at their house in between moves from AZ back to TX at the time) was outside working in her yard and heard my scream for help once I realized that I wasn't dead. Got to spend the rest of the day and most of the night at Hermann hospital in Houston, and there nearly got killed by a morphine OD by the nursing staff.

It was lots of fun. And I still have to get mentally prepared to crawl under a vehicle (or anything that moves for that matter) to this day.

All because I started a task with way more on my mind that just the task and failed miserably to even implement the most basic of safety measures.
Ag_EQ12
AG
Dang!
AgEng06
AG
Ouch. Glad you came out of that with only a broken leg and a tough lesson.
agfan2013
AG
My dad has a Luger that my grandfather passed down with basically the same story.

Grandpa was clearing out a church in an occupied town and turned the corner to a German with a Luger. The gun jammed and he threw it at my grandpa to escape. Grandpa figured it was a lucky gun for him so he picked it up and shipped it home and we still have it.
DayAg!
S
After repeated warning about my $250 dollar sunglasses in my shirt pocket, I dropped them out of my pocket on the bank of Gibbons Creek and proceeded to step on them and break them all to pieces. Kind of sentimental because I picked them up in Japan on my way back to the states. Was my last trip from the middle east.
TexasRebel
AG
Burned the heck out of my right hand with an oxy/acy torch just before ring day in April '05. That made for some great pictures.

In '07 my left hand was feeling neglected, and I guess I'd forgotten what an oxy/acy flame felt like, so I tried it again.
oneeyedag
No story is going to top 44's.

I had watched Delivernce couple of weeks earlier and then proceeded to get lost in the mountains of Southwest Virginia hunting on the border of west virginia as a 13 year old.

About 5 hours trekking and following a stream downriver, got picked up up by a couple of hillbillies told them my name and they took me back to camp.

My ole 30-30 loaded and ready. All I could think of was squeal like a pig.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
Can't speak for myself. However saw a magazine fall right out of a luger when a Nazi tried to fire it. I still have his pistol.
Goodness, that's unreal. I am such a worthless eunuch.
The Original AG 76
AG
What outfit were you in?
My dad '44 was CO of Company C Infantry.
Ended up a paratrooper in the Pacific.
CorpsAg11
AG
quote:

Longstreet
quote:

Wow. That's not just EOT that's the end of the freakin' board!
Longstreet
quote:

Wow. That's not just EOT that's the end of the freakin' board!
dmart90
AG
quote:
You sir, are one bad ass American!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.