Outdoors
Sponsored by

"You should be embarrassed"

29,641 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Philip J Fry
BlackGoldAg2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After reading AggieChemist's post/article , one line in it got me thinking:
quote:
I've been around enough to have accumulated a basic understanding of most of these ailments, a fact that my wife, Katie, used against me when I contracted trichinosis. "You should be embarrassed," she said. "I mean, you know about this kind of stuff!" She raised a valid point, which is perhaps the funniestor maybe the saddestpart of all this: I'd learned about every one of the diseases that I recently caught well in advance of catching them.

this got me thinking about another good share and tell topic.

What are some times where you did something that you knew better and it came back to bite you (or should have? Rookie mistakes, if you will, long after graduating from rookie status.

One of mine that came to mind was the last time I got poison Ivy. Spent all day traipsing around the woods. Knew I likely came in contact with poison ivy at some point so upon getting home, immediately dropped all my clothes and took a shower to get any oil off. because i knew better. then after showering i stupidly scooped all my clothes up and carried them out and dumped them in the wash...... one of my worst bouts with poison Ivy to date. wish I had at least gotten dressed before picking up those clothes......
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
When I was single, all the way into my 30's, I bought a lot of drinks for women at bars.
AggieChemist
AG
In 1995, I got bit by a cottonmouth. I deserved it, as I had kicked repeatedly in the head.
Hoyt Ag
AG
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Dated a stripper.
Dumpster Fire
quote:
Dated a stripper.

IDAGG
AG
My friend and I usually hunt in early October, when the weather is spectacular and too early to really get much snow, even in the mountains. One year work got in the way and we didn't go until late, late October. Went 20 miles from the nearest paved road over a pass to a place that was at about 6500' MSL......without checking the weather forecast. The first night we left the campsite about 11pm with 7" to 8" of snow on the ground (it had started snowing about 6pm). And it was still coming down HARD. After a few miles on the forest service road we got to the pass, (unplowed of course because FOREST SERVICE ROAD) and we started following the tracks of another truck who apparently was an idiot like us. There were three tracks...the wheels and the differential. It was that deep already. If we had stayed at the campsite I think they would have found our carcasses after spring thaw. We ALWAYS check the forecast now. DUH!!
IDAGG
AG
quote:
Dated a stripper.
Stories por favor! And I have always wanted verification on the following question: Are all strippers really crazy like they say? TIA
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
This one was full of BSC. Didn't know she was a stripper until after doing the deed and commenting on one of her moves. "Oh, I used to do that at the club. I love my booty bounce."

I just nailed this chick.

We were drunk.

Precautions hadn't been taken.

Is it going to fall off?

Luckily, I was free in clear on the ensuing checks but... yeah.

This one was a rabid combination of daddy, body, and self esteem issues that I'd never, ever want to experience again. Three months later she tried calling me up with a pregnancy scare.
Dr. Faustus
AG
Mine involves a lot of alcohol, a BSC chick, and a pregnancy scare.
Dr. Faustus
AG
Minus the part about her possibly being a stripper, we have very similar stories.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Minus the part about her possibly being a stripper, we have very similar stories.
Plus the timing of our posts...
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
quote:

Wouldn't be the first time I've had a conversation with an Eskimo brother.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I prefer the term, tunnel buddies.
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I prefer the term, tunnel buddies.
Dumpster Fire
quote:
This one was full of BSC. Didn't know she was a stripper until after doing the deed and commenting on one of her moves. "Oh, I used to do that at the club. I love my booty bounce."

I just nailed this chick.

We were drunk.

Precautions hadn't been taken.

Is it going to fall off?

Luckily, I was free in clear on the ensuing checks but... yeah.

This one was a rabid combination of daddy, body, and self esteem issues that I'd never, ever want to experience again. Three months later she tried calling me up with a pregnancy scare.
FroggieBreath
After partying one night at The Hall of Shame I continued into the night.
Lines of coke, hookers, midgets, tequila, three A&M soccer players, a naked female police officer.... you get the drift. I crossed the lines of scholarly behavior that evening.
Aggie_3
quote:
Dated a stripper.
We shall speak later to hear this fascinating tale of bravery
ATX_AG_08
AG
quote:
After partying one night at The Hall of Shame I continued into the night.
Lines of coke, hookers, midgets, tequila, three A&M soccer players, a naked female police officer.... you get the drift. I crossed the lines of scholarly behavior that evening.

That's just what I call a Tuesday.
Strongwind86
AG
quote:
Dated a stripper.

Rule #1.......
locogringo
AG

quote:
What are some times where you did something that you knew better and it came back to bite you

I got married once. To add insult to injury, I'm still married.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
Dated a stripper.

Rule #1.......
I'll see if I can find her on FB. She was hot. Just proved the crazy-hot scale to be true, however.
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
I got married once. To add insult to injury, I'm still married.

AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dated a stripper.

Rule #1.......
I'll see if I can find her on FB. She was hot. Just proved the crazy-hot scale to be true, however.
In...
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
Dated a stripper.
Stories por favor! And I have always wanted verification on the following question: Are all strippers really crazy like they say? TIA
Oh, and introduced her to my very bi female A&M vet student friend and they hooked up after I went scorched Earth.
aggie1944
Can't speak for myself. However saw a magazine fall right out of a luger when a Nazi tried to fire it. I still have his pistol.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Can't speak for myself. However saw a magazine fall right out of a luger when a Nazi tried to fire it. I still have his pistol.
Absolutely chilling to think about.
GasPasser97
AG
Thread over.

44 wins again
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Btw, 1944 wins the award for the most impact per post of anyone on all of Texags.
Post removed:
by user
drummer0415
B-1 83
AG
Ate food from a street vendor in Cozemel.
bmc13
AG
GasPasser97
AG
I wish '44 would write a book
Post removed:
by user
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.