Outdoors
Sponsored by

Just heard open carry passed on news radio

11,128 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasRebel
p-wonk01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KRLD in Dallas said "breaking news". ...unless I'm missing something
DripAG08
AG
Passed the Senate on to Gov. Desk for signing
SanAntonioAg1
Time to break out my leather and peacemaker
BigHead 04
AG
Question for you smart folks...once the Gov signs, does that mean we are free to start walking the streets OC? Or is there some delay after that? I would assume some LEO's might react differently than others to begin with, but that's another thread entirely. When is it completely LEGAL?

Just saw other thread...1/1/16
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
Question for you smart folks...once the Gov signs, does that mean we are free to start walking the streets OC? Or is there some delay after that? I would assume some LEO's might react differently than others to begin with, but that's another thread entirely. When is it completely LEGAL?

Usually bills go in to effect on 9/1 since that's the start of the state's fiscal year, but the Legislature pushed it out to 1/1/16 to allow LE to "train"
O'Doyle Rules
AG
great. now every redneck with a chl can make this state look like the wild west again
BigHead 04
AG
quote:
great. now every redneck with a chl can make this state look like the wild west again

Well that's my plan....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
schmellba99
AG
quote:

Sounds like Illinois, New York or California suits your style better.
Chetos
AG
quote:
quote:

Well that's my plan....
concealed increased sells in the baby guns...now, predict what guns will be popular with open carry!!!
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
quote:

Usually bills go in to effect on 9/1 since that's the start of the state's fiscal year, but the Legislature pushed it out to 1/1/16 to allow LE to "train"

Not just LE, but for DPS to update the class for their CHL instructors this fall as well.

BigHead 04
AG
Thanks for the info guys! Makes sense.
SanAntonioAg1
quote:

Eh it won't be that bad. Unless you live in rural parts you'll probably never even see it
carsoca2
quote:
Oh, no! There will be shootings in the streets now!

News flash, Lib. We've already been carrying firearms like the Wild West. You just haven't been able to see them.

Gimme a break. You sound like you're from Austin.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:

lol.

Hoss
AG
quote:

Yee haw!!!! Somebody point me to OK Corral!
txyaloo
AG
quote:
Might as well live up to our stereotypes...

Also, as of 1/1/16, they will no longer be CHLs. They dropped the C in all the respective codes.
Hoss
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well that's my plan....
concealed increased sells in the baby guns...now, predict what guns will be popular with open carry!!!

I don't know about you, but I plan to have a Desert Eagle on each hip!
SanAntonioAg1
If cops are not allowed to stop people for only open carrying what will prevent people from just open carrying without a CHL? How would they ever get caught?
carsoca2
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well that's my plan....

I don't know about you, but I plan to have a Desert Eagle on each hip!

Don't forget to dual-wield two more in shoulder holsters. You know, because they only come with 8 round mags and all!
Hoss
AG
quote:
If cops are not allowed to stop people for only open carrying what will prevent people from just open carrying without a CHL? How would they ever get caught?

That amendment was struck, unfortunately, so police can ask to see someone's license if they're carrying openly.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
Nice to see you still trolling
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:

For the past 20 years people could carry concealed without a chl, how did they ever get caught??????
SanAntonioAg1
They most likely wouldn't because the gun is concealed. Meaning it cannot be see. With open carry you can see the gun. I'm missing your point, if there is one.
drummer0415
AG
quote:
They most likely wouldn't because the gun is concealed. Meaning it cannot be see. With open carry you can see the gun. I'm missing your point, if there is one.

Please don't feed the trolls guys..... Let this one go.
htxag09
AG
Yeah, drummers right
mts6175
AG
Texas legislators approve licensed open carry bill, sending it to Gov. Abbott

TEXAS A and M
quote:
quote:

Eh it won't be that bad. Unless you live in rural parts you'll probably never even see it

I think about the only time you'll see it with any frequency will be during dear season. It will be much more convenient to not have to unholster and hide the gun in the truck when running into academy to get that forgotten item on the way to the lease, or sitting down in wataburger on the way home.
TEXAS A and M
quote:
quote:

For the past 20 years people could carry concealed without a chl, how did they ever get caught??????

How do people with suspended driver's licenses get caught?
BrazosDog02
AG
Part of me wants to strap on my .41 colt on a low slung hip homster.....just because I can.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I haven't kept up with any of this so forgive my ignorance, do you have to have a license to open carry? Is it the same license one would get to conceal carry? How does reciprocity with other states play into this?
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
or sitting down in wataburger on the way home.

Now I love me some Whataburger.

How's the knock off chain wataburger doing? Is this lady working the front counter?

G. hirsutum Ag
AG
dad has a .41 colt manufactured in 1875. Great great grandfather bought it after the war to shoot carpet baggers with
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
I haven't kept up with any of this so forgive my ignorance, do you have to have a license to open carry? Is it the same license one would get to conceal carry? How does reciprocity with other states play into this?

Yes, it's licensed carry.

It takes effect Jan 1, 2016.

Any permit from any state that allows you to legally carry in Texas will allow you to now open or concealed carry on that date.

docb
AG
Not sure how I feel about this one. I'm not liberal in the least bit but I'm not sure it's a good idea for everyone to be walking around with a gun on their side. There's a lot of crazy folks out there.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
Not sure how I feel about this one. I'm not liberal in the least bit but I'm not sure it's a good idea for everyone to be walking around with a gun on their side. There's a lot of crazy folks out there.

Oklahoma has had open carry since 2012.

If the Okies can handle it, somehow I think Texas will be okay.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.