Outdoors
Sponsored by

Special thanks to the Aggie on 979 who saved our asses during the storm today.

4,534 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by pfo
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We were on the farm in Robertson Co and my six year old was real sick. We thought it could be a kidney infection. Not deadly or anything but serious enough and decided to try to get to Temple since we live in Killeen. The first storm passed and it looked like everything was pushing north of 979.

Nope.

We get about 10 miles or so passed the Brazos on 979 and decide to turn around. That didnt do much good. We were in two cars, my F150 and my wifes pathfinder with two kids and dog. It seemed like the storm just enveloped us and we knew there was a tornado since the guy on the BCS country station was giving us a play by play. We started looking for a ditch but everything was flooded. Wind and lighting were insane. We turn into this guys farm and get about 30 yards down the road. I pull of his road to get next to my wife to talk to her. We decide to get into my truck. We get in. Oh ****. Stuck. My tires sank. At that point we just sit there for a minute or two just praying the tornado goes elsewhere.

About 10 minutes later the tornado was passed us but the rain and lightning were still crazy and were are worried about rising waters since we are not real sure where we are. We almost just left in the Pathfinder. To shorten the story a little, I am trying to get it pulled out when an Aggie farmer on a tractor pulls up in the pouring rain with lightning everywhere to help pull my wife and kids out of the mud.

He was class of I think he said '78. Wife an Aggie. Brother an Aggie. Kid an Aggie. We communicate all of this in the pouring ass rain! Freaking awesome to put himself in that situation to help complete strangers.
KRamp90
AG
And that's the way it's done!
FIDO 96
AG
Good Bull!
Steeltoe05
zarbas77
Picard
AG
Blue starring your post with the hope that other boards get to see it too!

agsalaska
AG
quote:
Blue starring your post with the hope that other boards get to see it too!

IL cross post it.
eric76
AG
I wonder how many people here have stopped on the highway to help complete strangers.
farmer2010
AG
Damn good bull! Hope your kid is okay.
always gig em
AG
Ags.
Blane
OldArmy71
AG
Excellent.
FHUAggie
Hoss
AG
Good bull.

How's the kiddo?
Gigemchicken90
AG
That tornado was horrible. It left one dead and many homeless just west of Cameron.
agsalaska
AG
quote:
Good bull.

How's the kiddo?
She could have used that 4:40 doctors appointment in Temple but she is going to be all right til morning. Childrens Tylenol is keeping the fever in line and she is drinking Vitamin Water.

Thanks to you and others for asking.

Funny. My three year old boy slept thru the whole thing. RIght after we turned around lighting struck real close. I looked back at him and he was kind of wide eyed from it. I guess he decided right then the easiest thing to do was take a nap. He was in the F150 the whole time.
TruAg
AG

PharmD4
gumby579
SteveBott
AG
Good Bull.
dr_boogs
AG
This is a great example of what it means to be American and the rugged individualism that defined us for so long, on both sides of the story. Helping complete strangers because you WANT to not because you are compelled to, and showing the amount of gratitude you are showing OP. Ought to drop by and buy him a cup of coffee when it's not raining sideways sometime.

I went through Cameron today right after that Tornado hit. Pretty sure I passed the home w the casualty, fire egine and ambulance on the scene. Thoughts and prayers for that family. It had been a crazy spring.
rather be fishing
AG
Wasn't a stranger, he was an Aggie.

Good bull.
PhiAggie
AG
An Aggie you say? You weren't complete strangers.
The Fife
You met the elusive Canyonag78! Rarely spotted in public, unlike his brother Canyonag77.
danieljustin06
AG
Glad y'all were helped to safety.
JSKolache
AG
Good bull.

Also, the word to use is *past*
fishinaggiegirl
AG
Good bull
AAM02
AG
Boom.
Area51Ag
AG
Aggies being Aggies . . . It's what we do.
pfo
AG
The class of "78" has long been considered the finest!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.