Outdoors
Sponsored by

Apparently there's a cobra on the loose in my hotel

27,543 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by eric76
AggieChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been told to keep an eye out. They could have used one at the Atlanta airport to eat the mouse I saw.
schmellba99
AG
I'm going to add this to the "things you don't hear said in America" list.
anscag07
AG
Eff that hsit!

Gig Em
Bitter Old Man
AG
Gasoline and matches are your only course of action. Burn that beetch to the ground...

Edit: then burn it again to be sure...
DUman08
AG
ursusguy
AG
Dallas, and especially Houston, have them occasionally pop up more than most folks would probably prefer.

A buddy of mine in Miami animal control got called for a "large snake". When he showed up and started to approach it was nice enough to stand up with a hood. Surprise, not the rat snake he was expecting.
tx4guns
AG
Them Mambas are fast, fat boy. Better watch your six!
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Dallas, and especially Houston, have them occasionally pop up more than most folks would probably prefer.

A buddy of mine in Miami animal control got called for a "large snake". When he showed up and started to approach it was nice enough to stand up with a hood. Surprise, not the rat snake he was expecting.

Thank you. You can just rock me to sleep now.....
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
AW HELL NO!!!!
Kenneth_2003
AG
One more reason I don't live in Houston!
HookThis
AG
AggieChemist
AG
Google "gaboon viper" if you want to see the mofo that I really don't want to run into in the dark. That dude will make you prairie dog it until dawn.
Texas 1836
AG
ursusguy
AG
At least the gaboon is a pretty snake.
agsalaska
aggiesq
AG
here's your cure

carpe vinum
AG
Got beat on the riki tiki tavi. Watch yer cornhole, bud.
Watch out for crocs when you are fly fishing.
STX Ag
AG
And you're still there?
oneeyedag
Gaboon Viper For Sale

For sale is my 2 foot female West African Gaboon Viper. She is currently feeding on medium f/t rats. Typical female Gabby attitude.

Very huffy, but never struck. Experienced handlers ONLY. Price is $175.00 obo. Michigan sales only, no shipping available. The only trades I would consider are ball pythons or other venomous. "No rattle snakes". Please NO PM's, email direct emails
Waltonloads08
AG
cobras in houston? proof please.
BCO07
AG
babies

not babies, who was it that had the feral cat issue?

bmfvet
AG
I know a guy who's deathly afraid of snakes that found one in his apartment in Pullman, WA. He didn't know what kind of snake it was when he saw it. It started slithering away and he stomped on the ground to get it to stop. Sucker rose up with a hood and he started screaming like a little girl. Neighbor came and caught it and they called the cops. Cops went door to door and a neighbor claimed it and said it was missing 2 months. He promptly moved out.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
Google "gaboon viper" if you want to see the mofo that I really don't want to run into in the dark.

Venomous as hell, but they move pretty slow.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Yeah... Odds are, my bags would be packed - carefully, and I'd be leaving.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
quote:

Ever. Ever is more than would be preferred.
ursusguy
AG
Their locomotion is slow, but they may have the fastest strike speed in the world.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I know a guy who's deathly afraid of snakes that found one in his apartment in Pullman, WA. He didn't know what kind of snake it was when he saw it. It started slithering away and he stomped on the ground to get it to stop. Sucker rose up with a hood and he started screaming like a little girl. Neighbor came and caught it and they called the cops. Cops went door to door and a neighbor claimed it and said it was missing 2 months. He promptly moved out.

**** this ****, which one of my multiple neighbors keeps snakes!
ccard257
AG
quote:
quote:
Google "gaboon viper" if you want to see the mofo that I really don't want to run into in the dark.

Venomous as hell, but they move pretty slow.

So does AC
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Heeeeeeeeeere, snakey, snakey, snakey
Gooooooooood snakey, Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice snakey

Log
AG
I'm pretty tolerant of snakes, enjoy them even (and can even identify them), and make fun of a lot of you nancy-boys that piss your pants at the sight of a rough earth snake.

That being said, Gaboons and mambas give me the willies. Gaboons because they just sit there and hit you massively with no warning (and good luck seeing them beforehand), and mambas because, well, they are the perpetually pissed off *******s of the snake world. They chase your arse down out of spite and just because they can. And then hit you about 10 times, even though they know once is more than enough.
AggieChemist
AG
Apparently we have mambas, black and green, gaboon vipers, bush vipers, puff adders, night adders and six species of cobra.
AggieChemist
AG
Because black mambas are so big, and carry the front of their body off the ground, MOST MAMBA BITES OCCUR ON THE HEAD. WTF.
The Fife
quote:
Google "gaboon viper" if you want to see the mofo that I really don't want to run into in the dark. That dude will make you prairie dog it until dawn.
There's been one loose in a suburb just east of here for over a year now. A shed skin was found at an apartment complex and the snake still hasn't turned up yet.
Courtesy Flush
AG
Why did I open this thread
STX Ag
AG
Sooo the OP hasn't posted since 2:30 am huh?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.