Outdoors
Sponsored by

Another idiot on Facebook - Brenham Veterinarian kills cat with bow

24,019 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Build It
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Threads like theae make reaffirm my beleif that society is taking its last gasp as we speak.

Drama Queen. I'll bet you are a Politics regular.

Really? Out of all of the posts on tbis thread you chose mine to call drama?

And why dont you lope on over to the politics and count how many posts I have over there.

Then crawl back to the GB cesspool you came from.
BigGameAg07
AG
quote:
quote:

Not gonna stop. If I feel like she needs my support I will give it to her and encourage others that may agree with me to do the same.

Again.....if you feel like supporting this girl, you can report the slanderous facebook page named " Justice for Cat Murdered by ...vets name...". All you have to do is click the (...) menu icon on the pages cover photo and it will guide you from there.

And what exactly are you supporting? A dumba$ kid shot an unorthodox animal, in an unorthodox manner, and then posted it on Facebook and bragged about it. You want to support THAT?

First of all, while It was not smart of her to post the photo and brag on social media, I know little about her level of intelligence. She made it through vet school, so I feel safe in assuming she is of at least average intelligence and I would hesitate to call her a "dumba$ kid". It takes 8 years to get through undergrad and vet school, plus practicing vet medicine for a few years. Grade school math tells us she is not a kid even though she may look young.

1b. She is educated, has advanced degrees, and understands the danger that feral cats pose to native wildlife. So one could actually assume her level of intelligence is {much higher than the presumed mouth breathing, tree hugging, minimum wage fast food servers} who are attacking her on social media.

1c. See above remarks in {brackets} to verify that we are both capable of making ridiculous assumptions about an individual whom we know nothing about.

Secondly, there is nothing unorthodox about a feral cat. They are very common. They have been studied extensively and that research has shown they do huge amounts of damage to small animal wildlife populations. Also, even though you may not be familiar with the bow and arrow as a tool. It is widely used, and she appears to have used it expertly to dispatch a feral cat as is evidenced by the photo.

Finally, she may deserve the repercussions at her work for recklessly posting photos like that to social media. Given the nature of her job and the possible sensitivity some patrons of that workplace may have. There is the potential to loose business there and a damaged image for the vet clinic so that all factors in. But it is not my or anyone's place other than her employer to make that judgment. She certainly should have expected some negative feed back via social media. Slander and threats of bodily harm over an un identified cat. That is WAY over the line and I feel she needs support against the slander and threats. Killing a feral animal with a bow an arrow is not immoral, unethical or inhumane in my opinion. I also support her in that I feel she did nothing wrong there. I hope, however this case is handled, it is also found to be perfectly legal to kill feral cats with a bow and arrow. I hope she is cleared of any legal wrongdoings. I would support her in that as well. I do not believe she deserves to loose her vet medicine license like the facebook page is pushing, because again I do not think she did anything immoral, unethical, or inhumane. I support her in that as well.

Does that clarify for you?
76Ag
AG
This bothers me not at all.
JohnLA762
AG
I've heard that killing a feral cat in Texas could be grounds to be charged with a fellony.
Sublette County
AG
quote:
3 pages and still no congratulation on how good of a shot that was?

I guess it's because we don't know at what range the shot was taken. She may have lured the bloodthirsty beast into very close range with a saucer of milk, or perhaps a fluffy blanket.
Lungblood
I'm more concerned about this dudes unhealthy hatred for bow hunters. Research shows that 95% of these anti-bow hunter types will go on to commit heinous criminal acts. 95%!
gillom
AG
I vote to delete the thread to get the gyn board trolls to leave.
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm quietly thanking God that social media was not around when I was in high school, or God forbid, a cadet in the Aggie Band.

99% of what we simply considered a normal day of Good Bull would get us crucified by the Social Justice Warriors.

Thankfully none of it involved animal cruelty. No pigs were harmed in the collection of pig crap that was dumped in the Corps Staff dorm. And the perpetrator's name has long since been called at Muster.

Good job, Calvin. And Here.
CanyonAg77
AG
And damn spell check. Animal cruelty, not anal cruelty.
Chazz03
AG
This was not animal cruelty
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
This was not animal cruelty
No, but it was perceived as such. Sorry if one poorly stated line made you totally misinterpret my entire point.
carpe vinum
AG
I disagreed vehemently the first time I heard it, but it is a truth.
Perception is reality.
Lungblood
It was a feral cat killed swiftly and humanely.
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
Your average outdoor cat make 2 kills a day whether it is fed or not.

No collar, not on owners property, it's feral.

Still a stupid decision to even shoot a picture of it.
Listen to the man. She broke no laws!
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
quote:

If you feel like giving this girl some support, please do. The base of the attacks against her is a facebook page called "Justice for cat murdered by ...vets name...." The stated purpose of the page is slanderous, and against facebook rules as far as I am concerned. Not to mention all the other disparaging comments about her on the page you can report the page if you click the (...) on the cover photo.

Just stop. Regardless if the cat was wild or not, her stupid actions is what got her in the mess she's in. Regardless the circumstances surrounding the cat's demise, she does not deserve the support due to her immaturity and unprofessional and juvenile behavior. Furthermore, she brought a negative light to this community and great State. She's earned the slander, but not the death threats.
You need to go post somewhere else.

Too much emotions and cat facts in your post. Dead feral cat = good. HTH Go away
Lungblood
So "alley cat allies" appears to actually be an org whose founder lives in Virginia. Her name is Becky Robinson. She lives with her husband and 5 cats and she looks exactly as you're picturing her... She is crazy cat lady.
Lungblood
I'm betting that ol bitty got like 55 cats.
Chazz03
AG
It's likely we agree. Just using that quote to make sure my opinion was known
BrazosDog02
AG
Really...no one is gonna do this?

www.facebook.com/SaveKristenLindsey

Lots of talk about how she did something dumb but doesnt deserve to lose her job or ruin her life.....time for a gofundme/facebook page!

Probably just get your truck set on fire by some feral cat loving chode smoker.
dfphotos
So easy to spot the democrats in this thread. Thanks.
cheeky
AG
I hate hate hate cats turned loose with no collar to roam neighborhoods and don't mind them disappearing, but that was incredibly stupid to post that incredibly awesome shot.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Then care less.

God I HATE when people **** that up.
ursusguy
AG
Just want to point out, I don't care for outdoor cats and endorse removing feral cats in general from a ecological standpoint, I haven't really commented on the legality aspect.

Under the letter of the law, she very well could be hit with a state felony charge.
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.42.htm scan down to the bottom
Though it would be interesting to see how it would play out in court for "wildlife management". Plenty of example of cats being removed for endangered species support, but those are usually trapped. Though I do know of places that have shot them. Would be interesting to get a lawyers perspective. I know from a non-game wildlife management perspective, I would endorse it as wildlife management practice.---and I'm talking about in rural and/or large lot areas, not the standard subdivision.
SoTXAg09
AG
I'll go ahead and take your word on getting rid of outdoor cats, that way our place can be overrun with rodents. But hey, at least we'll have plenty of songbirds to listen to!
MW13
AG
quote:
3 pages and still no congratulation on how good of a shot that was?
Hey I said she mastered the 1st S on page one.
ursusguy
AG
The rodents are pretty hard on birds too, so it is a bit of catch 22.
Schrute Farms
The comment section was closed in the news article that I read. So I came here - 100% not disappointed.

Feral cat statistics, SJW FB Page, mechanics of bow hunting vs. .22, WB/WNB, Texas penal code, SSS, and evaluation of education vs. intelligence vs. common sense.
230Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
4 pages of digressing discussion and no more pics of a potentially hot UNEMPLOYED young lady.

Even better- more time for her to make me some samwiches
YokelRidesAgain
AG
This thread needs this:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill

In other news, if your job involves taking care of kitty cats, it's probably best to not provide evidence of how much you enjoy shooting them. Buh-bye, moron.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Lungblood
It's been a while since I've been around but Washington Animal Clinic is (was) primarily a large animal shop.
Build It
AG
Give her a medal. What a ***** society we are living in.

Fair notice if your dumb ass cat comes and pisses on my front porch without a collar it may end up on a pike in the middle of the culdesac.

Posting the act on the internet some may call ignorant some may call it freedom. Get off her ass! She did what needed to be done.

Let freedom ring mother ****er!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.