Outdoors
Sponsored by

Another idiot on Facebook - Brenham Veterinarian kills cat with bow

24,010 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Build It
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So because a cat kills some birds, it's okay to put an arrow through the families pet that happens to get out of the garage?
txaggie02
AG
quote:
For direct kills on native wildlife, dogs, cows and horses aren't remotely similar to the impact of cats.

It was a freaking pet cat that got loose 2 days ago. Why are you continuously rambling off meaningless statistics? 2 kills per day? Are 4 kids missing on the block now? Statistics aren't needed, but rather a little common sense. Come on man......
BigGameAg07
AG
Opinions may differ but mine is that she shot a feral cat. Not immoral, not unethical, and hopefully not illegal. The error of her ways is that she posted a picture of it on social media. She is in no way a criminal in my eyes and I would hope in the eyes of the law as well. However we shall see about the legal part. She has certainly learned the hard lesion of social media and it has cost her a job. I hope it does not cost her license.

If you feel like giving this girl some support, please do. The base of the attacks against her is a facebook page called "Justice for cat murdered by ...vets name...." The stated purpose of the page is slanderous, and against facebook rules as far as I am concerned. Not to mention all the other disparaging comments about her on the page you can report the page if you click the (...) on the cover photo.
cledus6150
AG
Yep, that native wildlife is in my opinion mush more valuable than a domesticated/feral cat. Which often times kills just for the pleasure of killing. The only mistake in my opinion this individual made was taking a picture and posting it. The majority of our society has such backwards opinions on pets that many consider them equals to humans.
ursusguy
AG
Actually, for a good chunk of our grassland bird species it is a significant impact. Do you really want to debate this issue?
Chazz03
AG
quote:
quote:
For direct kills on native wildlife, dogs, cows and horses aren't remotely similar to the impact of cats.

It was a freaking pet cat that got loose 2 days ago. Why are you continuously rambling off meaningless statistics? 2 kills per day? Are 4 kids missing on the block now? Statistics aren't needed, but rather a little common sense. Come on man......

Not sure if serious
carsoca2
quote:

If you feel like giving this girl some support, please do. The base of the attacks against her is a facebook page called "Justice for cat murdered by ...vets name...." The stated purpose of the page is slanderous, and against facebook rules as far as I am concerned. Not to mention all the other disparaging comments about her on the page you can report the page if you click the (...) on the cover photo.

Just stop. Regardless if the cat was wild or not, her stupid actions is what got her in the mess she's in. Regardless the circumstances surrounding the cat's demise, she does not deserve the support due to her immaturity and unprofessional and juvenile behavior. Furthermore, she brought a negative light to this community and great State. She's earned the slander, but not the death threats.
schmellba99
AG
Threads like theae make reaffirm my beleif that society is taking its last gasp as we speak.
Macarthur
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not sure if serious
You damn right he's serious and he's right.
Chazz03
AG
Should she have posted it to Facebook no. Should she have shot the cat, yeah if she damn well wanted to. If you're gonna have a bleeding heart about it then you're a puss.
JD05AG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not sure if serious

If your [cat] gets lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that #%^*ing [cat]!

MookieBlaylock
AG
I think this was an attention grab by the dbag that took the picture to create attention to her

No way she could pull off that shot

This poor girl just got used

My 2 cents
ursusguy
AG
And my point is in regards to outdoor cats as a whole. As a whole, they present a significant impact to a large number of native species, and not just birds.

I think posting the photo is beyond stupid, but without at least a collar, there really isn't a way kniw this isn't a feral cat.

And I do have cats, indoors.
Macarthur
quote:
Should she have posted it to Facebook no. Should she have shot the cat, yeah if she damn well wanted to. If you're gonna have a bleeding heart about it then you're a puss.

Yeah, you're right. I'm a puss. That make you feel better?
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
If you're gonna have a bleeding heart about it then you're a puss.

And if you're going to have a bleeding head about it then you're a ***** cat.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah, you're right. I'm a puss. That make you feel better?

Especially because I said it in my best Tuff accent
Macarthur
quote:
And my point is in regards to outdoor cats as a whole. As a whole, they present a significant impact to a large number of native species, and not just birds.

I think posting the photo is beyond stupid, but without at least a collar, there really isn't a way kniw this isn't a feral cat.

And I do have cats, indoors.
I agree that cats kill stuff. No one disagrees with that. But to make the jump that, what appears to be family pet got what they deserved, is frankly pretty twisted, IMO.
ursusguy
AG
If you see a cat coming into a feral cat colony feeding station, can you differentiate between the pets and actual feral cats (and yes, they will run together, especially if TNR is in place) just on looks if there is no collar? I've seen plenty well fed feral cats.

I would agree if it well know around the area as a pet to shoot it is mean spirited.
txaggie02
AG
Gonna be interesting when someone's kid on this board accidentally leaves the back gate open one night and their German Shepherd or Golden Retreiver squeezes out, runs down the road, and can't be found for about 24 hours. Until the next day, when it's on the side of the road with a Muzzy broadhead poking through his forehead. Bet there are ALOT of posters on this board marching to the beat of a different drummer at that point. Can't wait to get the statistics on daily kills of the average outdoor dog and their effect on grassland birds. Bet its absolutely staggering over a 2 day period.
BigGameAg07
AG
quote:
quote:

Just stop. Regardless if the cat was wild or not, her stupid actions is what got her in the mess she's in. Regardless the circumstances surrounding the cat's demise, she does not deserve the support due to her immaturity and unprofessional and juvenile behavior. Furthermore, she brought a negative light to this community and great State. She's earned the slander, but not the death threats.

Not gonna stop. If I feel like she needs my support I will give it to her and encourage others that may agree with me to do the same.

Again.....if you feel like supporting this girl, you can report the slanderous facebook page named " Justice for Cat Murdered by ...vets name...". All you have to do is click the (...) menu icon on the pages cover photo and it will guide you from there.
KW02
AG
Maybe it was the neighbor's cat but she probably had 50 cats in and around house. Cat lady.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Gonna be interesting when someone's kid on this board accidentally leaves the back gate open one night and their German Shepherd or Golden Retreiver squeezes out, runs down the road, and can't be found for about 24 hours. Until the next day, when it's on the side of the road with a Muzzy broadhead poking through his forehead. Bet there are ALOT of posters on this board marching to the beat of a different drummer at that point. Can't wait to get the statistics on daily kills of the average outdoor dog and their effect on grassland birds. Bet its absolutely staggering over a 2 day period.

**** happens and you're acting quite obtuse
CharlieBrown17
AG
Why is a broad head so much worse than a .22 in your opinion?
ursusguy
AG
For non-game birds it's not even close. Are you basically denying cats don't impact birds? I've flat out stated I was referring to outdoor cats as a whole, not this one in particular.
carsoca2
quote:

Not gonna stop. If I feel like she needs my support I will give it to her and encourage others that may agree with me to do the same.

Again.....if you feel like supporting this girl, you can report the slanderous facebook page named " Justice for Cat Murdered by ...vets name...". All you have to do is click the (...) menu icon on the pages cover photo and it will guide you from there.

And what exactly are you supporting? A dumba$$ kid shot an unorthodox animal, in an unorthodox manner, and then posted it on Facebook and bragged about it. You want to support THAT?
Lungblood
As an Austin County born and bred slack jawed country boy, I'm going to assume that this Austin county cat group was founded by the metrosexual f****** from Houston who have been moving in over the years. Is that right Mac?
carsoca2
quote:

A 22 does not have a draw weight, nor does it protrude from an animal so you can take a picture of its carcass like a shish kabob.
Lungblood
quote:
quote:

A 22 does not have a draw weight, nor does it protrude from an animal so you can take a picture of its carcass like a shish kabob.

And then?
DannyDuberstein
AG
A 22 would be a whole lot cooler if it did.
rather be fishing
AG
3 pages and still no congratulation on how good of a shot that was?
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
quote:

Guess she should've used a crossbow. Get rid of that draw weight.
Micky80
AG
I have an outdoor cat with no collar. I live in the country. It might be a good idea to get her a collar.

This gal should not have put that picture on social media, in my opinion. But, I do not believe that she should have lost her job. Hopefully, she will learn from this and get on with a successful career as a veterinarian.
Potcake
AG
quote:
3 pages and still no congratulation on how good of a shot that was?
GatorAg03
AG
I am really curious to see what charges, if any are brought against her. It would be pretty counter intuitive. You can shoot a suspected criminal on your property at night that you thought was up to no good and you would be protected by the castle doctrine. However if you shoot a suspected feral cat on your property that you thought was up to no good, you get charged. Pretty interesting society we live in these days.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That's why I say hey (wo)man, nice shot. Good shot, (wo)man.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.