Outdoors
Sponsored by

Another idiot on Facebook - Brenham Veterinarian kills cat with bow

23,959 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Build It
raidernarizona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[Locked until we can clean up the thread. -Staff]

SIAP, anyone see the female vet who drilled a cat in the head with her bow and posted for the world to see?
How dumb do you have to be?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2016341/police-in-texas-investigating-facebook-image-of-alleged-veterinarian-holding-dead-tomcat-first-bow-kill/

TwoMarksHand
The Wonderer
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Sorry but there's a world of difference between controlling feral cats and capping your neighbors dog for crapping in your yard.

I have zero problem with killing feral cats. They're a serious problem.
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
Sorry but there's a world of difference between controlling feral cats and capping your neighbors dog for crapping in your yard.

Agreed, but it is not a good idea to brag about it on Facebook
The Wonderer
AG
quote:

There is an allegation that it was actually a neighbor's cat according to the story linked.
tx4guns
AG
How did she ever think that would turn out well for her? Facepalm.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:

There is an allegation that it was actually a neighbor's cat according to the story linked.

Yeah, I just saw that.

But tx4guns really hit on the bigger issue. Shoot, shovel, shut-up.
carpe vinum
AG
I've been waiting for this thread.
She has now been fired, and I imagine will have to go before the Board to keep her license.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
so much fail in that article:

quote:
This VETERINARIAN had the means to trap and humanely euthanize a cat that she felt was a nuisance. Instead, she chose to use it for target practice and brag about it on Facebook.
can someone explain how a shot to the head is not a humane kill? i mean think of all the stress the cat avoided by not being trapped

it's seriously illegal in texas to shoot a feral cat???? how did we let that become a law much less a felony

also the response to get her fired from a place that euthanizes animals daily for killing an animal?

the stupidity of people knows no bounds, especially these people that keep neglecting the golden rule, at this point I no longer feel bad for them
CanyonAg77
AG
Posting controversial things on Facebook where stupid people can see them is not overly bright on its own.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
I agree 100% with BlackGoldAg but sadly CanyonAg is correct as well.

Read the comments to the story in the OP and the chick who turned in the shooter is on FB too. The comments from the oxygen thieves are so appalling stupid I wonder how these people lived to adulthood.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Our society's priorities are so warped...

Taking a picture of EVERYTHING for the sole purpose of having your ego stroked on social media.

Elevating animals to equals or superiors of humans. How on earth is that a state jail felony?
MW13
AG
Looks like the mastered the 1st S but failed miserably on the last 2.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
But tx4guns really hit on the bigger issue. Shoot, shovel, shut-up.

THIS
IDAGG
AG
quote:
Posting controversial things on Facebook where stupid people can see them is not overly bright on its own.
BINGO! I have no problem killing feral cats either, that is if they are really feral and not the neighbor's cat you don't like. But for a Vet of all people to think that posting that on FB was a good idea on any level is kind of shocking. One would think that someone with 8 years of post H.S. education would be smarter than that.
Bismarck
AG
It's the way she killed that cat that has people riled up. If she had trapped it and put it down at a shelter, no one would have said a word since she'd be doing an unfortunate service for the community. Shooting it with an arrow and then bragging about it on facebook just makes her look sadistic. You'd think she would have learned the lesson of the Baylor baseball player that skinned a feral cat to make a steering wheel cover.
Sean98
AG
Small pic on my phone is blurry. Anyone have better photos of her?
gibberish
AG
The reason it's an offense (Class A misdemeanor I believe) is because there is no way in that moment to know if it is feral or owned.

Even kill shelters have a period for claims/adoptions.

As for the posting on social media, Herm Edwards says it best, "Don't press send!"
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
quote:
Taking a picture of EVERYTHING for the sole purpose of having your ego stroked on social media.
That's a lot of education put to waste at the click of a button.
raidernarizona
quote:

No doubt! I don't have a problem with her shooting the cat if it's a feral cat. The picture doesn't really upset me either honestly. But you think people would not be so ignorant as to post this stuff.

Lungblood
In Texas, head shots on feral cats = gut shots on wild hogs... Both acceptable.
Ag for Life
AG
Looks like a mountain lion to me
BMCaginLTX
4 feral cats treed and killed in 5 days for me. She must have the same problem.
230Ag
AG
Wb
BrazosDog02
AG
This broad should have just not put a picture up. But she has daddy issues and low self esteem so these things happen.
bmfvet
AG
Not a smart thing to put out there in her profession. We will be showing this at our next staff meeting as an example of what not to do on social media.
carpe vinum
AG
You could look her up in the former student directory, bro.
Chazz03
AG
tried that
Naveronski
AG
One of her friends dimed her out.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
BRENHAM, Texas (KBTX) 3:15 p.m. The cat that was killed with a bow and arrow is believed to be Tiger, a 6-year-old orange Tabby. Tiger went missing Wednesday. Kristen Lindsey posted the picture of the arrow through Tiger's head at 8:48 p.m. Wednesday night.
Rick Dalton
AG
Wood.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
This facebook page is absolutely RIPE for trolling.
The Wonderer
AG
KBTX now reporting that the cat was a 6 year old domestic Tabby named Tiger. He went missing the say day that the vet posted the picture above.
carsoca2
I've put down feral, sick, wounded, or dying cats before. It's the humane thing to do, depending on who you ask. Then again, I used a 22, not a freakin broadhead. This twat deserves everything that is coming to her. If it comes out to be less than a criminal offense, at least she got fired and will not likely work in the veterinary field again. Lots of mom and dad's money just went up in smoke when she thought it was a good idea to post it online and then boast about it.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.