Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rain is outdoors.....

1,178,521 Views | 6773 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by ought1ag
ShaggyAggie01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
jeez.... we all know that.

Do you point out fake Santas at the mall?

I have yet to see a real one. if we don't act on it, we never will.
MouthBQ98
AG
Lots of strainers and sweepers with all those trees.
aggielostinETX
AG
Rotation over PK
schmellba99
AG
Brazos is going to be nip and tuck in some places. Expecting neat 50' crest at the 1462 bridge. That is high.

Cole97
AG
Lightning struck one of the buildings on the campus I work at. That building, and half of a second building and part of the field house had no electricity today. None of the campus had air conditioning until about 2 today. This day has sucked.....
EMY92
AG
quote:
Lightning struck one of the buildings on the campus I work at. That building, and half of a second building and part of the field house had no electricity today. None of the campus had air conditioning until about 2 today. This day has sucked.....
Just think of it like enjoying a sauna at a spa.
Cole97
AG
It was most definitely like a sauna in here....everything was humid and muggy and yuck.

And, we discovered a couple of leaks....lucky me one was in my classroom :/
carpe vinum
AG
Check out TPWD facebook page, they did a water rescue for a family in Bastrop including 2 tiny babies.
FIDO 96
AG
I believe several of you know my youngest brother is a TPWD Game Warden in Comal Co. Pretty proud of the work he's done this week. He's 2nd from right.

https://www.facebook.com/362214707170256/photos/a.569195213138870.1073741830.362214707170256/896475753744146/?type=1
dodger02
AG
Did someone say the Brazos was running at 100,000cfs? Holy hell!
drred4
Showing 69000 at hwy 21 in brazos county
Hamburger Dan
In my area of north Texas, our two main reservoirs were at less than 22% combined three weeks ago. One has been running over the spillway since last Wednesday, the other should go over tomorrow. We have had approximately 15-18 inches of rain this month. Our yearly total is usually around 25 inches.
OnlyForNow
AG
Brazos in Richmond is at 71 or 75k cfs
ursusguy
AG
Excellent to see and hear. To say the game wardens are staying busy is an understatement.

Hope he stays safe as possible through these next few days.

I worked with Ty Patterson quite a bit, Saturday will mark 8 years since his accident. I definitely keep the game wardens in my prayers during these times.
fightingfarmer09
Should hit close to 100k sometime Thursday to Saturday between Hempstead and Richmond .

Got half the cows out. We will try again tomorrow. Praying the water holds back through some miracle and we don't lose any. My wife has been a champ through her first flood on the farm. Told her naming them would make it tougher, but calmest cows I've seen my whole life. Those sacks of feed she keeps hand feeding them helps I guess.
FIDO 96
AG
quote:
Excellent to see and hear. To say the game wardens are staying busy is an understatement.

Hope he stays safe as possible through these next few days.

I worked with Ty Patterson quite a bit, Saturday will mark 8 years since his accident. I definitely keep the game wardens in my prayers during these times.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure Ty was a cadet at the Academy the same time my brother was.
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm always compelled to run the numbers. A cubic foot per second is about 450 gallons per minute. So 70,000 cfs = 31.4 million gallons per minute.

An acre inch is 27,154 gallons, so 70K cfs = 1157 acre inches a minute, or 96.4 acre-feet per minute.

The main campus at A&M is 5200 acres. I believe that counts the campus proper, and all the way across the West Campus to and including Easterwood Field and those areas.

If you turned 70,000cfs onto the 5200 acre main campus, for just 24 hours and distributed it equally, it would cover the whole place almost 27 feet deep.

Of course, an even better idea would be to turn it onto a certain 40 acres in Austin, and cover it 144 feet deep in only an hour.
dodger02
AG
I've done class IV whitewater at <10,000 cfs and it made my butthole twitch like a rabbit's nose. I can't wrap my mind around 100k cfs.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Supposed to be flying to houston hobby for work Thursday morning and will then be headed to sugar land. Do I need to cancel the trip?

SteveBott
AG
No
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
Supposed to be flying to houston hobby for work Thursday morning and will then be headed to sugar land. Do I need to cancel the trip?

Lol no
fightingfarmer09
quote:

No. Unless you plan on landing on the river, or traveling by kayak.
EMY92
AG
Big storm just rolled into the Waco area. One he'll of a light show and water coming down in buckets.
Poeag
AG
Well that light show has now made it to cypress
OnlyForNow
AG
Saw that on FB stay safe out there today.
plowboy1065
S
Yup, Cypress just got another good soaking
jobu93
AG
Round two in Cypress. Lightning continues to make a **** ton of fireworks.
jobu93
AG
Just saw on local news in Houston that Midlothian Dam in Ellis County is about to fail. Sending ding good thoughts their way.

Texas 1836
AG
quote:
quote:

Lol no
I think it's a legitimate question when images like this are what's shown on the news ...

aTm2004
AG
I-10 was under water on my way to work, but dry as Hilldawg's coach on the way home.

Drainage looks to be good but 8-12" of rain in a couple of hours will flood even the best drainage areas.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol no
I think it's a legitimate question when images like this are what's shown on the news ...

Agreed. It's also hard for some to know who to take seriously when people from Round Rock are giving advice about travel in and out of Houston.

Ahem, SteveBott.
B-1 83
AG
USDA talking about a dam failing in Midlothian......uh oh....that may be one of our flood control structures....
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is that an Albertson's truck? I thought all of those ****ty places closed down. Anytime I'm in a store and they have 2 registers open with lines 8 deep, I always say "<insert store name> is taking the Albertson's approach to going out of business."
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Well, I wish I had cancelled my business trip today...spent the last hour on the runway at IAH, eat arrival time delayed 2 hours as we've been re routed to Dallas before flying to McAllen. Assuming we actually take off.
carpe vinum
AG
Dam at Midlothian is expected to fail.
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.