Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rain is outdoors.....

1,173,828 Views | 6763 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TikkaShooter
ABATTBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
9.3" registered in Blanco from the NWS since midnight.

Blanco river is flooding wimberley
aggielostinETX
AG
Oh damn.
TexAg0308
AG
Our place west of Blanco on the river got > 11" today and the river is way way up.
CentralTXag
AG
Got another 1.5" at our ranch north of Junction today - makes 7" for the month of May. Pasture so wet it is spongy. Biggest mosquitoes that I've have ever seen here. Hope a lot of this water makes it into Lake Travis!
GarryowenAg
AG
Global warming much?
lawless89
Just saw a video on fb of a car in boerne get swept away supposedly with people inside. The creek/river was moving FAST. I cannot fathom why people would drive in that. People were running down the banks to help, but car was flipping end over end. No way those people made it out.

Looks like it's about to hit us here in Bryan in a little bit. That horseshoe in the radar doesn't look good.
Booyah
AG
El Nino cycle - not global warming
CharlieBrown17
AG
Had an inch of rain north of Austin between 9:30 and 10:30
oldarmy1
AG
Not possible! The global climate alarmist informed us all that Texas was now becoming an arid cousin of Arizona - if you recall.
GarryowenAg
AG
Is this what the libs predicted?
agsalaska
AG
after dancing on the eastern edge of the storms and pretty much fishing all day, it is absolutely pouring in Robertson Co.
The Fall Guy
AG
GOING TO 5 MILE DAM TOMORROW IN SAN MARCOS. THE BLANCO WILL BE ROCKING.

CAN NOT WAIT TO boogie board the falls
The Fall Guy
AG
Joking
pfo
AG
You know your getting older when your looking at and discussing the weather.
Tressels Vest
AG
Flash flood emergency for the wimberly area in Hays county. Water rescues underway. Yikes.
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
Flash flood emergency for the wimberly area in Hays county. Water rescues underway. Yikes.
KVUE showed earlier that Doppler estimates were just under a foot of rain in a few hours just north of Blanco.
att hello
I hate Austin energy! We've been without power since 9:40 or so and it seems like any half way decent storm knocks out our power. I am glad I had my laptop charged, but I don't know how much longer my phone/hotspot is going to last.

We're still getting pounded with rain. The wind (earlier) was the craziest I have ever seen here in Austin -- it was swirling and even threw my heavy glass table off the patio.
44mAG
AG
Wimberly is flooding right now. Flood stage for the Blanco is 13'. It is currently at just under 33' and rising. The all time record is 33.3'...

Link
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
I hate Austin energy! We've been without power since 9:40 or so and it seems like any half way decent storm knocks out our power. I am glad I had my laptop charged, but I don't know how much longer my phone/hotspot is going to last.

We're still getting pounded with rain. The wind (earlier) was the craziest I have ever seen here in Austin -- it was swirling and even threw my heavy glass table off the patio.
What part of Austin? It was actually not bad at all at our house (Ohlen/Burnet). Just lightning and some heavy rain. Rain gauge is showing around 1" right now.
p-wonk01
AG
cats and dogs here in Dallas...I'll probably have a few more inches overnight
PhiAggie
AG
KSAT reporting the two teenage occupants made it out alive.
Texas Tide
AG
I'm in South Austin and while it definitely was raining very hard and it's been steady most of the day at least, I never ran into MAJOR issues. Thankfully my complex is on some high ground and I'm not first floor.

Crazy to see some pics and video of what was happening outside and especially what was happening just down the road along the rivers and especially in Wimbley
aggielostinETX
AG
My dogs food bowl Has 3"+ in it from after 4pm in LH
jopatura
AG
39 feet at Wimberly and rising.
aggielostinETX
AG
Damn!!! Thats all of downtown!!
PFG
AG
Another line coming from the west across the hill country.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Got 2.08" in the last 24 hours
TexAg0308
AG
Dad was born and raised on our place on the Blanco and he said that this was the highest he'd ever seen it.
agsalaska
AG
This is an incredible storm.
aggielostinETX
AG
It's still going. More rain. It's unreal.
Tressels Vest
AG
quote:
39 feet at Wimberly and rising.

Just saw that, ridiculous with more rain coming.
Wodanaz
AG
Labeling it catastrophic. That area is going to look post Nawlins Katrina'esque in the morning. I feel terrible for the people and crops but at the same time, Texas has needed this for a looooong time. These past few months will pay dividends for a few years to come.
Tressels Vest
AG
Now forecast to create at 41.5 feet, 40.5 feet currently and still rising
rather be fishing
AG
Saying they expect over 30 feet in Luling by morning.
DripAG08
AG
My parents live in Wimberley but we're all here in Port A this weekend. Neighbors in South River subdivision saying its unreal how much water there is.
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.