Outdoors
Sponsored by

I Can Sweat My Butt Off All Summer...

9,929 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MasterAggie
giddings_ag_06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
working in the heat, but SCREW sleeping in it. AC freon was practically gone and I almost died of heat stroke last night. Never got below 73 in the house. Needless to say, the thermostat is on 63 for the night. I already miss winter.
Sean98
AG
55-58 in the winter and 80-85 in the summer. That's where my thermostat sits. Suck it up. People lived for a long time before there was AC. You'll be okay.
Sean98
AG
That said, it froze here last night.
Kolache007
AG
quote:
55-58 in the winter and 80-85 in the summer. That's where my thermostat sits. Suck it up. People lived for a long time before there was AC. You'll be okay.
PharmD4
AG
quote:
55-58 in the winter and 80-85 in the summer.
I, too, like camping.
giddings_ag_06
AG
quote:

I was too lazy to get up and open a window, so it was partially my fault, but 80-85? No wonder you don't get long haired dogs. They'd die.
MouthBQ98
AG
Some of the longest nights of my life have been trying to sleep in hot, humid, dead calm weather. Even worse if it is dead silent, too.
ursusguy
AG
Six summers living in a canvas tent at Possum Kingdom (Camp Constantin), I can sleep while sweating no problem.....I can apparently sleep while shivering for a long time too.
Cole97
AG
quote:

Eff that.....the air may be set on 78-80 during the day (if I'm not home), but its on 68 at night during the summer. During the winter its 60-62 during the day if no one is home and 70-72 if we are.

SOME people lived a long time before there was AC. But, they didn't live as long and people were angry all the time (look at pics, no smiles). I'm pretty sure I'd die....
RK
AG
quote:

And some people live single for a long time.
ag92tx
quote:

/Barnes
AggieChemist
AG
We got 3" of snow on Friday.
Cancelled
AG
I can't do without a fan, but we keep our house at 78.

In HS our weeklong FB camp was in August at Camp Cruces in Granbury. Cabins with no AC and no fans. I slept with bags of ice in the bed, and when that didn't work, I slept in a chair in the shower.
Max06
AG
quote:
quote:

And some people live single for a long time.

So? People can't be happily single?

My heat stays at 55 in the won't & 80 during the summer, I see nothing wrong with it. No sense in cooling/heating the whole dang house when I really only use one room
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
quote:

I was too lazy to get up and open a window, so it was partially my fault, but 80-85? No wonder you don't get long haired dogs. They'd die.
or female companionship
FIDO*98*
AG
quote:

Life expectancy was around 60 years old in 1930 about the same time indoor AC started to become widespread. It's closer to 80 today. Humans existed for thousands of years before AC, but, they didn't live a long time

Lungblood
It's hotter when you're fat.
230Ag
AG
quote:
working in the heat, but SCREW sleeping in it. AC freon was practically gone and I almost died of heat stroke last night. Never got below 73 in the house. Needless to say, the thermostat is on 63 for the night. I already miss winter.
whoa...73+... glad you survived. the weather has been perfect outside the last few days- why didn't you just open a window and turn a fan on. I hope you don't live in Giddings- you're gonna die this summer pretty quick.
p_bubel
I know a couple that has been without AC in their home (San Antonio) since the middle of last summer while they save up for a new system. With two kids.

Toughen up buttercup.
YellowPot_97
AG
our AC hasn't been on yet. 78 in the house tonight in humid College Station.

nancy

*fixed typo for seabass's smart ass
ag92tx
87? The high today was like 79 or 80.
SanAntoneAg
AG
quote:
87? The high today was like 79 or 80.
Easily attainable especially in a two story house that receives a lot of afternoon/evening sun.
ag92tx
I live in CS. No ac ran all day with my bathroom window open and it was 77 this afternoon
MouthBQ98
AG
We keep our house at 78. Camp out on the beach and it is 82f at night and humid...
BackwardsInBoots
AG
I have no central heat and only one room with AC. Kerosene heater and an electric blanket in the winter (it snows here fairly frequently) and a fan in the summer to supplement open windows or occasional AC.
JD Shellnut
AG
I like to keep my place between 60-65 all year around.
The Fife
quote:
Just like Hart/Walton/Puryear/Law but without the benches?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
72...winter or summer....never changes.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Good news!! It's damn cold in here!! And some of you sure do get riled up easily. The OP was semi-sarcastic.
sunchaser
AG
I'm thinking you can drop the old thermostat down from 63 to 50 and your bill won't go up....
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
quote:
quote:

or female companionship
THIS. No way in hell anywhere I live will be set above 76 during the summer in Texas (assuming there are humans home), or below 60ish during the winter. I'm all for not wasting energy heating/cooling, but I will not be uncomfortably hot or cold in my house. I figure there are probably millions of people who would love to be able to control the temperature in their homes, so I'm not going to waste my ability to.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
quote:
72...winter or summer....never changes.
Winner, winner!!
IDAGG
AG
I grew up in Dallas in a home with no AC. We had a swamp cooler that sort of helped, but not really on muggy days. Being hot blows goats. I can't stand being hot. That is why I live up north. My crackpot theory is that if there was no AC the entire southern US would depopulate to about 30% of the current population.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
My crackpot theory is that if there was no AC the entire southern US would depopulate to about 30% of the current population.
Not really a crackpot theory. The implementation of AC is probably (I say 'probably' because I haven't done thorough research on the matter) the main reason we have been seeing a population shift to the south.
RogueAg
AG
I don't mind being warm in the summer... so we keep our thermostat around 80-81 during the summer. Makes for some low electric bills.

But I HATE being cold.... 70 is the absolute lowest I'll go in the winter. Preferably warmer.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.