Outdoors
Sponsored by

Pagosa springs realtor

6,334 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AtlAg75
oldarmy76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've always wanted a cabin in pagosa. Anyone here happen to have a realtor there they would recommend? Also, punch me in the face if having a vacation rental is a horrible idea.
Outdoor related: Williams creek is a great place to catch rainbows and Browns, and the wimenuche wilderness is the best backpacking in Colorado (in my opinion).
Wyopro
Have to agree. After a long day in the wilderness, sneak back to the hot springs. Have fished there for years. Give it till August caise wolf creek has received so much snow and am sure the snow melt will affect any fishing.
javajaws
AG
I went fishing near there quite a while back...didn't catch anything of note but I did score a Pagosa Girls Bikini Calendar.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
I went fishing near there quite a while back...didn't catch anything of note but I did score a Pagosa Girls Bikini Calendar.
Waiting on the pictures.....
Ikanizer
AG
Yesterday I saw a new for sale by owner sign on a nice Rio Grande riverfront house just north of South Fork on the way to Creede.
aggiedent
AG
We have looked on and off over the last few years waiting on the perfect place. We have used West Davies. Very nice guy.
O.G.
I don't know one in Pagosa Springs, but I do know one in Gunnison. They are Aggies too.
SouthparkKenny
Been around Pagosa for many many years. My father and his brother bought property up there 45 years ago when it was cheap and not near the hot spot it is now. If you cab get in for the right price, it's a great investment long term. If you build a nice log home, it's easily able to make it m pay for itself, setting it up as a rental, and it is home to the best snow in Colorado beling just below Wolf Creek. Trout fishing is great, Hunting is great, and it's not near as crowded as it is up north of there. I built a Satterwhite, old style "Ponderosa II" up there 25 years ago. Taxes aren't bad, and it's year round use for any outdoor activity you want. Great restaurants and local flavor. Most exciting thing around there in years was when they found out the old guy that ran the great Italian Restaurant, was evidently in some sort of witness protection program and up and disappeared one day, family and all. Gossip is he was relocated again. Lost a great place to eat.

Bottom Line shop around and don't knee jerk any decisions. Great place to be.

I know there's a nice size place about 35 acres up on CR 146 the want about $125K for, not sure if it's listed or not, but I'll call Jim Tilley and find out, he lives up there, if you like.
ratfacemcdougal
My brother is building a house in Crowley Ranch just south of Pagosa in Chromo. He said Ron Barsanti or Ed Keyes are the guys to call. Bro said they know it all.
oldarmy76
The outdoor board never lets me down. Thanks for the great info.
GE
AG
quote:
Been around Pagosa for many many years. My father and his brother bought property up there 45 years ago when it was cheap and not near the hot spot it is now. If you cab get in for the right price, it's a great investment long term. If you build a nice log home, it's easily able to make it m pay for itself, setting it up as a rental, and it is home to the best snow in Colorado beling just below Wolf Creek. Trout fishing is great, Hunting is great, and it's not near as crowded as it is up north of there. I built a Satterwhite, old style "Ponderosa II" up there 25 years ago. Taxes aren't bad, and it's year round use for any outdoor activity you want. Great restaurants and local flavor. Most exciting thing around there in years was when they found out the old guy that ran the great Italian Restaurant, was evidently in some sort of witness protection program and up and disappeared one day, family and all. Gossip is he was relocated again. Lost a great place to eat.

I know there's a nice size place about 35 acres up on CR 146 the want about $125K for, not sure if it's listed or not, but I'll call Jim Tilley and find out, he lives up there, if you like.
Are you sure?
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
quote:

Are you sure?
Good God.. What unsettles me the most about this mfbarnes stuff is the level of detail he goes into. You would never have any reason to question him on something like this because no way you get that detailed without actually knowing what you're talking about, right?
Personal Best
AG
Can someone please fact check everything in that post?
GE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you sure?
Good God.. What unsettles me the most about this mfbarnes stuff is the level of detail he goes into. You would never have any reason to question him on something like this because no way you get that detailed without actually knowing what you're talking about, right?
Exactly. It is insane.
Chazz03
AG
Jim Tilley died in 2012
T Durden
AG
Gonna be pretty hard to call him then...
oldarmy76
I got mfbarnes82'd.
Anybody besides him have thoughts on owning a cabin that you rent out the 49 weeks of the year you can't be there when you're still working for the man?
Ikanizer
AG
We spent about 15 years in the Creede and South Fork area camping in the summer and renting various houses/condos during spring break. Plenty of rentals available via both VRBO and agents. We bought a cabin a couple of years ago. We kept our eyes open until a place in the right location was on the market.
If you can only spend 3 wks/year up here I wouldn't buy a place. Better to rent and avoid the stress. If I only had 3 weeks up here all I would be doing is fixing things.
The only time I ever spend in Pagosa is fighting my way through on the way to the Durango airport (looking forward to the Wal Mart opening soon) but from the looks of things there are many more rental places to choose from over there. I can give you some numbers on ownership costs if you are interested.
Outdoor related: I can see yellow national forest boundary signs on a fence behind the house and walk to the Rio Grande.
Post removed:
by user
DB Coach
AG
I was wondering who owned that ranch. That is one long, expensive fence around that place. We would love to own a place in or around Pagosa, but it's just not in the cards right now.
AtlAg75
AG
OldArmy - contact Kim Moore at Exit Realty. She has been in Pagosa real estate for over 20 years and not only knows the area well, but is a great real estate agent and most importantly, will be honest with you.

Here is a link to her website -

http://www.yourpagosahome.net/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.