Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bald eagle found

3,907 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BMo
BMo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At Lake Somerville. Went this morning and this is probably the best shot I'm going to get but it's a pretty heavy crop. Will be going back in hopes of having them fly close. I saw what I believe were 3 different birds. https://www.flickr.com/photos/25797101@N04/

Fishing Fools
I thought I saw him perching on my chimney early afternoon only to realize it was a Buzzard looking down upon the ass end of a dead pig my Heathen dogs drug up from the river!
FullDraw
AG
I think that's a great shot!

Would have been top notch if it would have had a clear sky background.
BMo
Thanks for the comments.
Mr. Nobody
We've seen 3 different ones perched above our pond in willis in the last year.
SouthparkKenny
There are several over on Gibbons Creek as well. Quite a few numbers down here in Texas. Conroe has several on the north end. Lake Livingston and Sam Rayburn have quite a few as well. Just so good to see this proud beautiful symbol of our country doing so well in this area.
CrottyKid
AG
I saw one in Robertson County in 2014.
John Cocktolstoy
They sound like a jet as they fly over you, I see them pretty regular out there.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
BMo
quote:
There are several over on Gibbons Creek as well. Quite a few numbers down here in Texas. Conroe has several on the north end. Lake Livingston and Sam Rayburn have quite a few as well. Just so good to see this proud beautiful symbol of our country doing so well in this area.
I went out to Gibbons Creek a couple of weeks ago and caught one of the eagles ascending from the timber NE of the boat ramp. It got high quickly and left the area. Didn't get any shots of it.
BMo
It is nice to see them flourishing in Texas.
DCC99
AG
Add Reveille, the 'Murican flag, and Ronald Reagan, and you've got yourself something frame worthy.
CKeith21
AG
I was out at Somerville 2 weeks ago and got really close to one. It was sitting in a big oak tree with a fish.
aggiedent
AG
Where was it lost?
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
Add Reveille, the 'Murican flag, and Ronald Reagan, and you've got yourself something frame worthy.
DCC99 is Benjamin Knox?
BMo
quote:
Where was it lost?
Lost to me with my long lens ad. ;-)

Had a friend got a pic of a pair in a tree yesterday out out Somerville. Offered to take me in his boat to get closer but was not able to go. Going back next week and hoping to get closer.
I Like Mike
AG
Someone needs to photoshop and American flag in the background and lasers coming from its eyes for that true patriotic Merican vibe!
snave
AG
I saw one last weekend at Lake Houston just east of Humble.

Neat to see them down here and doing well.
SaltyTxAg
AG
What is the penalty for killing a bald eagle? I could see a East Montgomery County redneck doing something stupid like that.

By the way, awesome photo!
"Christ almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin' you nerve-wracking sons-of-b**ches."
SouthparkKenny
quote:
What is the penalty for killing a bald eagle? I could see a East Montgomery County redneck doing something stupid like that.

Simply having eagle feathers or parts in your possession will land you in prison with a heavy fine to pay. Felony killing of eagles comes with a fine of $250,000 and prison time. These penalties fall under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act.

quote:
The criminal penalty stipulation was increased from a maximum fine of $500 and six months imprisonment to a maximum fine of $5,000 and one year's imprisonment. Furthermore, in the second case of second conviction, the penalty was increased to $10,000 fine and two years imprisonment. The maximum amount of a misdemeanor offense was increased $100,000 under the Criminal Fines and Improvement Act of 1987. In addition, $250,000 will be fined for an individual for a felony conviction. Respectively, $200,000 and $500,000 will be fined in case of an organization for a misdemeanor and felony conviction.
SaltyTxAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Simply having eagle feathers or parts in your possession will land you in prison with a heavy fine to pay. Felony killing of eagles comes with a fine of $250,000 and prison time. These penalties fall under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act.

quote:
The criminal penalty stipulation was increased from a maximum fine of $500 and six months imprisonment to a maximum fine of $5,000 and one year's imprisonment. Furthermore, in the second case of second conviction, the penalty was increased to $10,000 fine and two years imprisonment. The maximum amount of a misdemeanor offense was increased $100,000 under the Criminal Fines and Improvement Act of 1987. In addition, $250,000 will be fined for an individual for a felony conviction. Respectively, $200,000 and $500,000 will be fined in case of an organization for a misdemeanor and felony conviction.

Shhheettttt. I figured a fine and some prison time, but hell, you are better off killing another human being!
"Christ almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin' you nerve-wracking sons-of-b**ches."
aggieforester05
AG
quote:
No Problem
BMo
I would appreciate it if you took it down.
BMo
quote:
quote:
No Problem

Thanks, appreciate you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.