Outdoors
Sponsored by

Interesting deer blinds

10,010 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by MAROON
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was talking at lunch with a fellow hunter about some property I will be hunting on this year and the topic of creative blinds came up. On my family land we have blinds made from septic tanks, truck cabins and even a old camper shell similar to what the Duck Dynasty guys built. On his place, they have a lot made from septic tanks (he owns a septic business so he acquires a lot of random pieces of equipment).

Curious to hear what all you guys have outside of the run of the mill blinds you built with plywood and prefabbed ones.
CanyonAg77
AG
I assume you've seen the blinds that look like big round bales of hay, and those that look like stumps.

[This message has been edited by CanyonAg77 (edited 11/12/2013 12:48p).]
FSGuide
On the place I hunt in Ozona one of the blinds is an old 18-wheeler sleeper cabin.

And one of the other blinds is a porta potty. When we first got on the place it was on a 6' tower. We took it off the tower though, it was rickety.
rather be fishing
AG
The place we used to hunt out near Tow had a blind on the old windmill (was still operational) that was out there. I hunted a stand on a place my uncle was in around Del Rio that have a tower built onto the back of an old flatbed truck.
Pooh Ah
AG
Taken from my old lease ~2002. Previous hunter used this blind.

"None but the Brave"

[This message has been edited by Pooh Ah (edited 11/12/2013 1:11p).]
Sean98
AG
None but the Stupid

/fify
Biz
AG
Hell no, don't even want to be on the ground within a radius of twice its height.
Pooh Ah
AG
I always just stared at it in wonderment at who would actually hunt from that thing.

Pay attention to the ladder(s)!
Biz
AG
This is one I saw in northern Uvalde County a few years ago. Had to take a picture. That is an 8-foot high fence for some perspective. I think it was used to fend off Indian raids.

Josepi
AG
Good lord. Do the deer shoot back in Uvalde County?
chase128
AG
quote:
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:

It sure looks cool though
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Biz,

I hunted the ranch next door to that blind. That's right off 1050, between garner and utopia.

Always thought that was the weirdest blind.
jobu93
AG
Ft Sumter of Uvalde.
ursusguy
AG
A cardboard box I spent 30 seconds spray painting on about 3 hours before sitting in it. Made for a good wind break.
JohnnyShotgun
My family has a place in Rio Frio just a few minutes from there and on the property is a rock house that my grandma's family built in the late 1800's. The thing that stands out to me are the thin rectangular windows all around the house that were built to fire rifles out of in case of Indian attacks. Still blows my mind that that was a possibility back then. It's a very cool old house. Kind of gives me the creeps when I sleep there, but still cool.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Aggie Infantry
AG

Aggie Infantry
AG
tx4guns
AG
We have a blind built out of a small car body on our lease, but I don't have any pics of it.
George08
AG
My uncle built a blind out of a walk in freezer
EFE
AG
My favorite "blind" on our place is an old roll bar out of a Jeep the previous leasees left behind. It's covered in burlap to hide your legs and tucked under a mesquite but that's about it.
MAROON
AG

hunted on a place with a guy who had a "hawkeye tower".

It was two 20 ft pieces of drill pipe that were connected with a hing in the middle. On the top of one of the pieces was a seat on a swivel with "cage" consisting of a bottom ring for resting your feet and a top ring for resting your gun. To set it up you secured the base on the ground by driving rebar into the ground, attached wires to the basket, then swung the second piece of drill pipe straight up and then put a bolt thru the swivel so at the end you had a single 40 ft pipe with a seat and metal cage on top with a lot of guy wires holding it up. Craziest thing I've ever seen. I climbed up to the cage once. but would not ever consider climbing into the seat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.