Outdoors
Sponsored by

Black Panther on Duck Dynasty

4,858 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by ABATTBQ87
Ark03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So according to Si, there's a black panther near Monroe LA. 125 pounds, Jack!
Stive
AG
Oh boy! Here we go!!!
rather be fishing
AG
Looks like a polar bear wearing pants.
ABATTBQ87
AG
that was a funny show
zarbas77
AG
Hey! Hey! Sting like a butterfly, punch like a flea.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
El Chupacabra
Love that show and those guys, but it seems to be getting more and more scripted.
Stive
AG
quote:
Love that show and those guys, but it seems to be getting more and more scripted.

I love it too but I feel the same...
Texas 1836
AG
"Nope, that's panther poop, boy."
Talon2DSO
AG
quote:

scripted or not, its still more entertaining than most anything else on TV. Plus its a great family that does well to represent the South. Much better than the other crap they show.
Stive
AG
Completely agree Talon.

Oh....and for the guys that still swear/claim that black "panthers" exist, you now have Uncle Si on your side!!! Congrats!

[This message has been edited by Stive (edited 3/14/2013 9:23a).]
Ark03
AG
quote:
Completely agree Talon.

Me too. And while I think the producers probably have some influence (ie "Why don't you take the girls deer hunting and see what happens," I still can't believe they have writers who script it out. These guys aren't actors, and the few times they are scripted (ie the scripted commercials they've done), it is painfully obvious they are reading scripts.

I think the producers help them come up with a sandbox to play in then let these guys go with it, and I find it pretty dang entertaining, Jack.
AgySkeet06
AG
Yeah there is no way Si is acting, thats 100% crazy uncle there. And I agree that the producers prolly help set up some scenerios but you can write this king of tv.

On the scale of reality shows that arent contest definately the best, come on now who would you rather watch Si or honey boo boo?? Still cant believe si was career army.

Ark03
AG
quote:
Still cant believe Si was career army.

Wow - I didn't know he was career and just looked it up. Apparently he didn't retire until 1993, to become the reed man at Duck Commander, obviously.
ClickClackAg31
AG
Totally agree about the scripting. It seems most reality shows, this one included, can do really well for a season or two, but then by the third season the material starts to run out and the writers have to script more and more. I just don't think there is anybody's life that is so interesting you can follow them year after year and it constantly be interesting without any nudges towards scenarios. Over time, the nudges just become more and more obvious.

I love Duck Dynasty, but I'm afraid they only have another season or two before people move on. Hopefully that won't be the case.
Stive
AG
Saw an interview with Jase earlier this week. He said that when the producers originally came to Monroe to evaluate them and determine whether or not it would make a good show, they were almost ready to shoot down the whole idea due to lack of "controversy, drama, no blow ups", etc. And then (you can almost hear Jase saying it),...they met Si. And they (the producers) basically said...we can base a series just around this cat and get ratings. So they gave it a shot (obviously not based around him, but there aren't many story lines without him in it).

The way I took what he was saying in the interview, of all the people on the show that aren't "acting" in some way....it's Uncle Si. He said what you see on film is pretty much what the Robertsons deal with every day of their lives with that guy.

Pretty funny.

[This message has been edited by Stive (edited 3/14/2013 10:01a).]
El Chupacabra
Who else was waiting to see Korie in a 2 piece at the pond last night?
Ark03
AG
quote:
Who else was waiting to see Korie in a 2 piece at the pond last night?

What pond? Were you watching a rerun of the Redneck Waterpark episode?
trickplay
I saw a interview with Jace and Willie once and they said that producers will come up with a situation for them, and then they just film how the family reacts to it. They admitted that while the plot is scripted, their reactions aren't. I'm ok with that.
Lungblood
if you go back and watch some of the earliest episodes, its pretty obvious the producers have instructed Uncle Si to really let it all hang out over time. At any rate, I like DD mainly bc of the success story / family biz /lifestyle dynamic. I support that by watching and the show is usually entertaining to me. Jase has now become my favorite character with Phil a close second.
DirtDiver
Jase said something along the lines in reference to Willie, "I love him, that's why it's my goal to make his life as miserable as possible"

Just about anyone on the planet can relate to this as a kid.
CPES_AG
quote:
Jase said something along the lines in reference to Willie, "I love him, that's why it's my goal to make his life as miserable as possible"

Smashing the bobble head is perfect evidence
El Chupacabra
quote:
What pond? Were you watching a rerun of the Redneck Waterpark episode?

Yes...I must have missed that one...it was new to me!
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:

Smashing the bobble head is perfect evidence

That was funny! Brothers rule!
Buck Turgidson
I don't quite understand why Si, who is a Vietnam era guy, is constantly throwing out pop culture references from about 10 years ago. If he was gonna use dated pop culture references, shouldn't they be from the early 70's?
Bassmaster
AG
I don't understand why everyone can't enjoy it for what it is instead of getting hung up on the prospect that some of it may be scripted. Movies are scripted too, yet we still enjoy them. So what if it is scripted, the characters still have to deliver the lines in order to make it funny/entertaining.
schmellba99
AG
Same here Bassmaster. Kind of like how every single time a picture is posted online, the first response is generally "photoshopped". People are just jaded I guess.
The Original AG 76
AG
First reaction is that the women are actress stand- ins. No way these boys score with those. I know too many swamp rats over there and most if their women would scare the nuts off of a nutria.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Si- CO!

http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/video/si-co-16722499933?pfilter=ALL%20VIDEOS&sfilter=Season%201
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.