Outdoors
Sponsored by

Dog has a raw spot on her nose?

48,228 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
Campfire Soul
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The dog has a raw spot on her nose and one right below it on the side. She's been on the back porch (apartment) all day and all of the sudden she's got these spots.

I cant tell if she burned or rubbed it.

I used the grill at lunch but I can't figure how she would have burned her self. Is there anything I can put on the spots that she won't lick off?

rock08
AG
Our dog gets carpet burn from "burying" bones around the house. We would put neosporin on his nose a few times a day and it healed fine.
aggieturf04
my lab had the same thing a few weeks ago. i think it might have been from a sunburn. I have a covered back patio that is shaded except for the morning sun, but we spent the weekend a couple of weeks ago out at my parents farm, prob just got more sun than he normally does. it is better now.
aggie4christ22
Lots of dogs will get that from trying to nose their way out of a kennel, enclosure, etc. Also from burying things. I'd just leave it alone...you can put Neosporin on it but they will probably just lick it off. Just keep an eye on it that it doesn't get any worse.
AG
/\ Bingo. Sticking the snout under a door or gate.
jpc08
AG
My lab/border collie mix has done this a few times. Finally found out the cause when I saw her try to bury a dead dove with her nose. She would drag her snout on the ground to pile up leaves, dirt, grass over the dove. I can't imagine this felt good so I'm not sure why she continued to do it.

Put some neosporin on it. Even if your dog licks it off, their saliva is good for the raw spot as well.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If you decide to use the neosporin, try it just before feeding time, before going on a walk, or playing fetch. Anything to get their mind off it for a few seconds will help. Use a light coating, not a big ass glob. They usually forget about it pretty quick. Otherwise, they just lick it off.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.