Outdoors
Sponsored by

22mag rat shot

7,978 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Sean98
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How far out will it kill a rat? 10 yards, 15 yards, further maybe? What if said rat is in a tree???????
chilidogfood
AG
Would said rat also happen to have a big fluffy tail?
nealan
only in season.....
DirtDiver
I think you would have to be pretty close. I shot some of this below a few weeks ago out of a .22 mag pistol at a bunch of leopard frogs on the side of a tank. Killed about 5 to 7 per shot. When the small ones would flop around the big ones would come and eat them.

I would say 0 to 25 feet. Lots of variables.
Sean98
AG
WARNING! BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THAT STUFF ITS SUPER DEADLY!

I once "knew" someone who was shooting rats in a barn with similar ammo. That person was using it so that he didn't punch holes in the tin roof while shooting the rats off the beams as they ran back and forth. Well, long story short he shot a rat off a beam but just winged it. It fell to the ground and took off running. This person shot at it again on the ground and some of the shot managed to find its way into the scrotal sack of a very expensive bull. This bull was not pleased, started bucking, reared up in displeasure and took a big spike right in the head.

...that was some expensive ass ratshot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.