T-Mobile enabling GPS on home internet to stop people from using it away from home

760 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by akaggie05
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.androidpolice.com/t-mobile-home-internet-crackdown-spoofing-location/

Well thats a load of chit for the people stuck using this service who couldn't get a "verified" address to show up in the dumb verification system. Guess they are getting too many people using this like a mobile hotspot in vehicles now.
Pman17
AG
Well... back to the WE826-T2
Al Bula
AG
When I used Tmobile home internet for a few months, it was great until it started showing services I consume an incorrect location. Often services would think I was in New Orleans or San Antonio and a Houston burb.

I don't know if this GPS lockdown corrects the uncertainty of Tmobile's 5G routing, but hope it does. Many users have this issue or did.
akaggie05
AG
That's likely more of an IP geolocation issue. Typically happens they assign dynamic IPs out of a pool from a larger block that may get doled out all over the country on an as needed basis.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.