Where do you buy your Blu Rays from?

1,797 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by IrishAg
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I used to get all of my Blu Ray movies from Hastings. Now that they are closing down I am curious what other alternatives are out there. I would get used blu rays for 5 or 6 bucks at a time and they all came with guarantees.
The Fife
Amazon
Wildmen03
AG
Bargain bin of practically every major retailer that sells electronics

Actually, just amazon.
Cloud
Blockbuster
kb2001
AG
I look through the bargain bins at Walmart sometimes. Mostly from Amazon
Olag00
AG
I put the new release blurays in my cart and wait for the notification they have dropped to 14.99. This usually happens a month after release then I purchase them. I do the same for older movies and wait for them to drop to 4.99-9.99 before purchasing.

Edit: If couldn't tell, I buy all from Amazon.
agnerd
AG
I buy all my blurays on sale between about November 15th and January 15th online from best buy. Never pay more than $5 for one. Although I'm a good year behind catching up on movies, so I'm not buying the new releases. I probably have 20 that haven't even been opened yet.
wangus12
AG
Movie Trading Company
Iowaggie
AG
If you visit Redbox stations, check the For Sale button.
They are usually $4-6, and used, of course, but generally are newer, more popular releases than the $5 bargain finds.

VonDownByTheRiver
physical media
Olag00
AG
VonDownByTheRiver said:

physical media
I buy the physical media in order to rip them to digital without compression or loss of audio. I have a media room that I want to hear HD audio and there are no "streaming" sources doing HD audio. Once the bandwidth is available to stream DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD then I will consider dumping physical media.
FTACO97
AG
Best Buy the week they come out for big ones (Marvel films, Star Wars, etc) as they're on sale. Amazon for the rest.
IrishAg
Olag00 said:

VonDownByTheRiver said:

physical media
I buy the physical media in order to rip them to digital without compression or loss of audio. I have a media room that I want to hear HD audio and there are no "streaming" sources doing HD audio. Once the bandwidth is available to stream DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD then I will consider dumping physical media.

Well said, I do exactly the same!

Oh, and another for amazon here. I also usually look at the used/like new section.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.