HELP: email Spoof, what to do???

801 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by UmustBKidding
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, well it finally happened to me, after starting with PC's in '81 finally had a net disaster. The facts: 1. run iMac, 2. Use MS Office and Outlook as email provider. 3. Sent an email to 12 different folks, not bcc'd. 4. Someone or something captured my email address and keeps resending this email, ad nauseam 5. I have info from the message header, also, can see a series of pings into my machine. 6. These repeated emails DO NOT show up in my sent email folder, therefore I believe it is not a virus in my machine (could be wrong).

What to do and what I have done.
1. Change of email PW does not help.
2. With machine turned off, the emails are not sent, does not confirm it is not me, but still leads me to believe it is from outside.

What Can I do?
1. Is there any firewall that will stop the pings.
2. I have the message header info on the sender, does that help, if so it is:
BN6PR16MB137860BEC68998CE3F3F079CBFA90@BN6PR16MB1378.namprd16.prod.outlook.com
ANYONE have any idea on how to stop this? Many Thanks!!!!!!

Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
UmustBKidding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is this running macos or windows on your machine.
Not in your outbox means nothing typical malware uses internal logic to generate smtp directly.
Are you running any antivirus?
Not sure what you are referring to as pings. Ping is a program that generates icmp echo messages and has nothing to do with email, but many people call things pings that have nothing to do with ping.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.