Surface Pro 3 Battery not Detected

5 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Azariah
Alpine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for advice or experience with similar issues. My son got a SP3 to start high school and it lasted until March of this year (7 months) when the error message "battery not detected" started. Once you disconnect from a power supply the SP3 would instantly shut off. Microsoft replaced the device under warranty and now after 7 months again the exact same thing is happening with the replacement. I tried all of the recommended fixes and they do not work. The warranty on the replacement was apparently only 6 months (something I will never understand) and it expired at the beginning of September. Going on the MS website I have two options: 1) Send it in and they will replace for $450 or 2) Pay $29 just to talk to support.

I really don't want to pay $29 for them tell me to do what I already did and then tell me they will have to replace it for $450. We got about 14 months total out of 2 SP3s and now can only use if it is connected to power. It was a gift from his grandparents so I am not sure of the total price but I assume it was $1k+.

Has anyone had any luck dealing with MS on out of warranty issues? I am not paying $450 to have the same issue again and don't want to waste $29. Any other advice on options would be appreciated.
PooDoo
AG
I've had pretty good luck calling with Xbox and key code problems.
Azariah
AG
After replacing my iPhone screen last week I am a huge proponent of iFixit. Parts from ebay, tools and walkthroughs from iFixit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.