Diablo IV

3,299 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Madmarttigan
txag2k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
?
http://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-rumours-are-heating-up-ahead-of-blizzcon-2016/

I'm pretty [100 POSITIVE] sure I'd pre-order it upon announcement
AtlAg05
AG
For release in 2020
txag2k
AG
AtlAg05 said:

For release in 2020
soo many D3 stash tabs by then...
Madmarttigan
AG
Is it sad that I'm hoping for a remastered version of D2 instead?

Just take over what this guy is doing.

AliasMan02
AG
Never thought it would be the case, but I don't think I'm in for this. I felt like D3 was a step backwards and could never really get into it.
AtlAg05
AG
If Game Dev Tycoon taught me anything, it's that some sequels will suck regardless of the franchise name.

On a more serious note, because D3 was disappointing I think that puts more pressure on D4 to find their roots. If they can't, Diablo will be done.

MGS
DIV will probably be free-to-play with a ton of microtransactions.

- Need a rejuv potion real fast? 50 cents
- Need that final piece of the set? $5
- Want to hop straight to level 50? $100
WGann3
AG
The Diablo games have been such a huge part of my gaming life that I'll be excited no matter what they announce and I'm assuming they're going to announce something, there's been too many hints at it. It's going to obviously be one of 3 things: Diablo IV, Diablo III Expansion, or Diablo II HD remaster.

I'm torn between what I'd prefer between a Diablo II HD remaster and Diablo IV. I enjoyed Diablo III after the new team got ahold of it with RoS, but vanilla was extremely rough for a while. I think they realized how bad they butchered the story and atmosphere in Diablo III so I'm hopeful IV would be a huge attempt to get back to their roots. The Diablo II HD remake seems like the most fail proof option of the 3. I reinstalled D2 a couple of months ago and have once again been having a blast with it. I revisit it every year or two and consider it my favorite game of all time. An HD remake of it would suck me in so hard.

Diablo III expansion? Meh, a distant 3rd choice for me. If they find a way to resurrect Cain, that would help its cause though.
AtlAg05
AG
I think the D3 expansion timeline has passed. I don't think people would flock to it as much as a whole new game.
Pman17
AG
Oh man, I hope this is true
AtlAg05
AG
I watched a few videos from Rhykker who was following Diablo job postings at Blizzard. About a month ago there were multiple posting for an "undisclosed Diablo project" that have now all been filled.

Something is in the works
WGann3
AG
AtlAg05 said:

I think the D3 expansion timeline has passed. I don't think people would flock to it as much as a whole new game.
I hope you're right. I'd buy it anyways because I'm such a Diablo loyalist but really prefer IV or II in HD.
wangus12
AG
Give me IV
Cappo
AG
long ways away...
Wheatables02
AG
I'll have a new computer by then so that's good.

You guys playing any D3 lately?
Madmarttigan
AG
Hard for me to get back into D3 because the seasons are so short and one aspect I've always hated about D3 is not being able to really transfer gear from one character to another to make new chars and specs quickly to keep it fresh.

It is fun to try and make one really strong character but you get burned out and d3 has never made it friendly to make multiple chars, not like D2 did.

I would honesly feel very meh about D4 despite some of the major improvements that D3 made since release. I would however go nuts for the D2 remake.

txag2k
AG
Wheatables02 said:

I'll have a new computer by then so that's good.

You guys playing any D3 lately?

Got to paragon 30something and 4 pieces of set gear for season 8 which started tonight
SF2004
AG
D3 was great after the expansion and when they fixed most of the problem/drop rates. I still get the itch to jump on and check it out after an update.

Seasons are stupid though, just a forced replay value that adds nothing. With all the work on seasons they could have just kept adding little bits of content and changing the way people gear farm. They could have actually made reasons to farm bosses, etc.

Maybe if seasons were 9-12 months then it would be OK.

I want a larger content game that plays like Diablo with 4-8 man parties. I don't know how excited I would be about another short game that you just run on repeat for gear.
AtlAg05
AG
Having only 4 players in a game was a huge mistake for D3. They pigeon-holed themselves with the sets being the only viable option, then tried to save it with the LoN "set".

I do like starting over occasionally for the challenge but the seasons all have a cap where it just isn't as fun grinding gear for a few more GR levels.
OCEN99
AG
Well, news from the Blizzcon opening ceremonies:

- no D4 announced
- D1 is being remade within D3
- D3 is getting the Necromancer class next year
- a couple of new D3 adventure mode zones
AtlAg05
AG
Nifty.

But isn't a necromancer pretty much a witch doctor?
wangus12
AG
Damn letdown
OCEN99
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Nifty.

But isn't a necromancer pretty much a witch doctor?

It does look similar.
AtlAg05
AG
I wonder if that necromancer will be paid DLC.
AtlAg05
AG
Yeah instead of monsters following you around it's skeletons.
OCEN99
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Oh yeah, they did say it will be a DLC character pack, and I'm guessing not for free.
AtlAg05
AG
OCEN99 said:

AtlAg05 said:

Oh yeah, they did say it will be a DLC character pack, and I'm guessing not for free.

Is this the slow transition to micro-transactions in Diablo? Maybe testing the waters for future new characters.

Not a fan
Madmarttigan
AG
Pretty disappointed with the announcement. One new class doesn't really add much in terms of content. Should at least be 2 classes at a time per expansion if that's what you want to call it. Either way diablo 3 is too hard to make multiple characters at a high level without getting burned out.
txag2k
AG
SO FREAKING PISSED. Not even an expansion. DAM DLC for a character??

$$WTF$$

Such a let down. Diablo 4 would have been best case scenario with an expansion pack being a close second. DLC that will cost $ for a new class... dam blizz.

But at least there are 2 new "free" areas :|
txag2k
AG
you can have 5 saved setups so it doesnt take 30 minutes to swap builds etc.
Madmarttigan
AG
Would have preferred anything else except for diablo 3 news. D2 or D4
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.