Secure Password Storage App?

1,702 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by reb,
texrover91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for keeping passwords handy on an iPhone - and secure?

Anyone using Spideroak "ENCRYPTR"?

My first thought is avoid any "free" apps and I'm happy to pay for it if required.

FriendlyAg
Also curious about this. It's a hassle to have everything at home on paper.
tamusc
AG
LastPass and 1Password are the ones I and most of my friends have used. I'm currently using LastPass.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I use 1Password. It works well for me, but I cannot comment on its actual security
tamusc
AG
Here's a few round ups of various password managers

Best overall

Best free
CapCity12thMan
AG
we use lastpass in my company and it works great.
texrover91
AG
thx - giving lastpass a run!
Texas Red
AG
LastPass
3rdGen2015
AG
Another vote for LastPass
TravelAg2004
AG
LastPass is great and if you're doing this for just yourself, it's the way to go. Make sure and turn on two-factor authentication though as they did get hacked a year or two back.

If you're interested in getting it setup for multiple folks, checkout the 1Password family plan. Let's you have both personal and shared "vaults". We use it so we can share common stuff like the electric bill and banking info, but then keep our own info separate. This was the only way I could get my wife to use passwords that weren't dogsname1234
reb,
AG
Loyal LastPass subscriber here. Worth every dime.
dave99ag
AG
LastPass user for the last few years and have been happy. About to setup my wife on the system and will be testing out the shared passwords.
reb,
AG
quote:
LastPass user for the last few years and have been happy. About to setup my wife on the system and will be testing out the shared passwords.
shared passwords is a bit clunky but it works. For work I set up another lastpass account registered to my business email and shared just passwords I needed from my personal one to that one to keep things segregated.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.