Stolen Password

1,096 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by swc93
aggieaviator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a notification from Google that someone had stolen my password and tried to log in to my account in another City, State. They blocked their access thank god.

I had a very strong password. How could someone steal my password? I haven't been notified by any companies of any security breach. I've gone ahead and changed all my passwords.
fcag
AG
I get those notifications all the time, but they are almost always fake.
SlackerAg
AG
It could be a fake notification. Don't click on the link, but type in the website if you do choose to change the password.
Texas Red
AG
You should consider using a password manager. I recommend LastPass.
GetThoseKeysMilo
Did the notification have a link to reset your password? If so, it may have been a phishing expedition in an effort to get you to give them your password.
aggieaviator
AG
quote:
Did the notification have a link to reset your password? If so, it may have been a phishing expedition in an effort to get you to give them your password.
No link. I had to log into my google account to reset my password. It showed all of my devices that were logging in legitimately with the one that tried to log in that wasn't me. Im sure one would have a hard time telling the difference but it doesn't appear to be a phishing scam.
swc93
AG
Do you play Pokemon Go?

I received a notice from Google about a week after my son starting using my phone to "catch them all".

Said I was in Denver.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.