Do you Tweet?

1,236 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Kate Beckett
Synopsis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honest question. I do, but I see little benefit from it other than to keep up with certain people. For example, I keep up with certain people who have the opposite political beliefs. You know, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer; that type of thing.

But other than that, I don't see a huge benefit in using Twitter. Like I said at the beginning of this post, it's an honest question.

Edit: I guess I wasn't fully awake. The main point of this thread (if anyone answers) is to ask that If you do use Twitter, what do you find it most useful for?
TJJackson
I use it to gauge public opinion. Short little soundbites that aren't much longer than a headline.

I'm sure if I had a business or a website it could be beneficial to help direct people to that.
Seven Costanza
AG
I've never tweeted, but I have a Twitter account that I use to follow certain sports journalists. It's a decent way to gather news quickly.
3rdGen2015
AG
Fantasy football, breaking news, and live tweeting TV shows and sports
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I use it to gauge public opinion. Short little soundbites that aren't much longer than a headline.

I'm sure if I had a business or a website it could be beneficial to help direct people to that.

I don't think it's useful for gauging public opinion. It's a giant echo chamber of extremes.
TJJackson
You're not wrong!
Malachi Constant
AG
quote:
Fantasy football, breaking news, and live tweeting TV shows and sports

Yup. And I occasionally retweet funny things.
Synopsis
Thanks folks. Pretty much what I use it for (public opinion, follow certain people, etc). I was just wondering if I was left out on some big secret.
wee_ag
AG
I use it to learn about breaking news - big events get posted about on Twitter at least an hour before they break on news sources.
Kate Beckett
AG
i tweet. About all sorts of nonsense. And I also live tweet television shows. Because apparently it is entertaining.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.